Latest civil service & public affairs moves — April 18
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Ministry of Justice:Philip Lee became Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Youth Justice, Victims, Female Offenders and Offender Health, having previously been Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Victims, Youth and Family Justice. The responsibilities remain the same.
- House of Lords Government Whips: Baroness Mobarik is no longer a Government Whip.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Hamish Cowell has been appointed Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Sultanate of Oman; Janet Douglas has been appointed British High Commissioner to Barbados, and non-resident High Commissioner to Dominica, Grenada, Antigua & Barbuda, St Vincent & the Grenadines, St Lucia and St Christopher & Nevis.
- Department for Exiting the European Union: Philip Rycroft took up his role as Second Permanent Secretary.
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport: National Gallery – John Kingman appointed as trustee; Tate – Michael Lynton appointed as media business trustee; Information Commissioner's Office – Paul Arnold appointed as Deputy Chief Executive; James Dipple-Johnstone as Deputy Commissioner for Operations.
- Department for Education: Ofqual – Hywel Jones, Christine Ryan, Frances Wadsworth and David Wakefield appointed as members of the board.
- Department for Work and Pensions: Office for Nuclear Regulation – Oona Muirhead has been reappointed as Non-Executive Director.
- Food Standards Agency – Jason Feeney appointed as Chief Executive; Ofsted – Julius Weinberg named as the chair of the board.
- Ulster Unionist Party: Robin Swann was selected as party leader.
- Dr Hadwen Trust is rebranding as Animal Free Research UK.
- Picker – Chris Graham appointed as chief executive, having been in the role on an interim basis.
- NSPCC – Tim Hobden appointed as head of media and PR.
Study from techUK and Dods shows key obstacles becoming more – not less – entrenched
Analysis by GMB finds public sector now employs less than 17% of workers, with civil...
Successful candidate will work with home secretary to shape role of new Commission for...
Philip Rycroft, the second permanent secretary at DExEU, will take up top post following...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...
TCS is keen to contribute to the topic of successful partnerships between the public and private...