Latest civil service & public affairs moves — August 28
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Legal Ombudsman – Rob Powell promoted to replace Nick Hawkins as chief executive in September.
- Home Office – John Ashton appointed as the new chief scientific adviser.
- Department for Education: Education and Skills Funding Agency – Eileen Milner to become chief executive in November.
- Department for Transport: Maritime and Coastguard Agency – Les Chapman became the secretary of state’s representative; Highways England – Peter Mumford appointed as the interim major projects executive director.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: UK Anti-Doping Board – Nicholas Griffin, Claire-Marie Roberts, Frances Akor and Nicola Phillips appointed as members.
- Scottish Government: Scottish Police Authority – John Foley to retire as chief executive, the role will not be replaced.
- Burnley borough council – Mick Cartledge appointed as the new Chief Executive.
- Trade associations: Incorporated Society of British Advertisers – Steve Chester appointed as director of media.
- Ovo Group - Georgia Berry to become chief of staff to chief executive.
- Citizens Advice – Katie Martin to become head of news, public affairs and campaigns.
- Birmingham Dogs Home – Giles Webber appointed as chief executive.
Sinn Féin and DUP given two weeks to agree new power-sharing deal or face...
Geoffrey Lyons reviews two books on debt by men who had key roles following the financial crisis...
Civil service race champion said it could take 10 years for progress on racial diversity to...
Minister says target to hire 2,500 new staff has passed the half way mark but union warns...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...
TCS is keen to contribute to the topic of successful partnerships between the public and private...