Latest civil service & public affairs moves — March 20
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
House of Commons
- Science and Technology Committee – Gareth Snell replaced Roberta Blackman-Woods as member.
- Justice Committee – Jo Stevens replaced Marie Rimmer as a member.
- Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee – Antoinette Sandbach replaced Kelly Tolhurst as member.
- Committee on Standards - Tammy Banks, Rita Dexter and Paul Thorogood appointed as lay members from the end of the month.
- Department for Work and Pensions: Pensions Advisory Service – Ann Harris appointed as chair.
- Department for International Trade: UK Export Finance – Davinder Mann appointed as head of legal division.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Sharon Wardle has been appointed Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Republic of Gambia; Alison Kemp has been appointed Her Majesty's Ambassador to Montenegro.
- Department for Transport: Tim Blackmore OBE and Simon Evans appointed as traffic commissioners for the North East and the North West respectively.
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport: Youth Full-Time Social Action Review – Steve Holliday announced as the chair.
- By-election Results 16th March: Blackpool Council – Michele Scott elected for Warbreck – Conservative hold; Breckland Council – Theresa Hewett elected for Saham Toney – Conservative hold; Newcastle upon Tyne Council – Clare Penny-Evans elected for South Heaton – Labour hold; South Ribble Council – Carol Ann Chisholm elected for Walton-le-Dale East – Conservative hold.
Industry and interest groups
- The Evening Standard – George Osborne is to become the editor from mid-May.
- Royal College of General Practitioners - Neil Hunt stood down as Chief Executive, Valerie Vaughan-Dick is to take the role on an interim basis.
- The Whitehouse Consultancy – Samantha Gibson joined as director.
- PLMR - Simon Darby appointed as senior account manager.
CIPFA commission will provide advice to ministers as the Article 50 negotiations proceed
Theresa May has urged Brexiteers and Remainers to “come together” as...
Prospect union's deputy general secretary Garry Graham warns the UK will enter negotiations...
Compensation to firms hits nearly £100m due to botched deal, says business secretary Greg Clark...
How can organisations allow employees to use their own devices to access corporate information...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
Given the rhetoric surrounding the shift to the modern workplace and the importance of centring...
There is no doubt that the innovative use of technology within the UK’s public sector is fast...