Latest civil service & public affairs moves – June 13
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues on Dods People
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Melanie Hopkins has been appointed British High Commissioner to the Republic of Fiji.
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills: Institute for Apprenticeships – Antony Jenkins appointed as Shadow Chair.
- Cabinet Office: UK Statistics Authority – Nora Nanayakkara and Sian Baldwin appointed as Non-Executive Board Members.
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport: National Portrait Gallery – Rob Dickins appointed as Trustee.
House of Lords
- Lord Hurd of Westwell (Conservative, Life Peer) retired from the House of Lords on 9th June.
National Assembly for Wales
- UKIP Spokespeople Team
- Neil Hamilton - Leader, Assembly Group; Spokesperson for Economy, Farming, Environment and Rural Affairs and Finance.
- Caroline Jones - Spokesperson for Health.
- Mark Reckless - Spokesperson for Education and Finance; Business Manager.
- Gareth Bennett - Spokesperson for Sport and Local Government.
- Michelle Brown - Spokesperson for Communities, Childcare and Housing.
- David Rowlands - Spokesperson for Infrastructure and Transport.
Northern Ireland Assembly
- Audit Committee – John O’Dowd appointed as Chair, replacing Declan McAleer.
- Education Committee - Jennifer McCann appointed as a member, replacing Caitríona Ruane.
- Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs Committee – William Irwin appointed as a member, replacing George Robinson.
- Delegated Powers and Law Reform Committee - John Scott, Rachael Hamilton, Stuart McMillan, David Torrance and Elaine Smith appointed as members.
- Equal Opportunities Committee - Annie Wells, Jeremy Balfour, Alex Cole-Hamilton, Christina McKelvie, Willie Coffey, David Torrance and Mary Fee appointed as members.
- European and External Relations Committee - Jackson Carlaw, Rachael Hamilton, Ross Greer, Joan McAlpine, Bruce Crawford, Richard Lochhead and Lewis Macdonald appointed as members.
- Finance Committee - Alex Johnstone, Murdo Fraser, Adam Tomkins, Patrick Harvie, Michael Russell, Neil Bibby, Willie Coffey, James Kelly, Kate Forbes, Ivan McKee and Ash Denham appointed as members.
- Public Audit Committee - Alison Harris, Liam Kerr, Jenny Marra, Monica Lennon, Alex Neil, Colin Beattie and Jenny Gilruth appointed as members.
- Standards, Procedures and Public Appointments Committee - John Scott, Alexander Stewart, Patrick Harvie, Clare Adamson, Tom Arthur, Clare Haughey and Daniel Johnson appointed as members.
- Economy, Jobs and Fair Work Committee - Gordon Lindhurst, Dean Lockhart, Liam Kerr, Andy Wightman, Ash Denham, Gordon MacDonald, Gillian Martin, John Mason, Gil Paterson, Jackie Baillie and Richard Leonard appointed as members.
- Education and Skills Committee - Liz Smith, Ross Thomson, Tavish Scott, Ross Greer, James Dornan, Johann Lamont, Colin Beattie, Jenny Gilruth, Fulton MacGregor, Daniel Johnson and Gillian Martin appointed as members.
- Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform Committee - Maurice Golden, Finlay Carson, Alexander Burnett, Mark Ruskell, Graeme Dey, Claudia Beamish, Kate Forbes, Angus MacDonald, David Stewart, Emma Harper and Gail Ross appointed as members.
- Health and Sport Committee - Donald Cameron, Miles Briggs, Alex Cole-Hamilton, Alison Johnstone, Neil Findlay, Clare Haughey, Tom Arthur, Richard Lyle, Ivan McKee, Colin Smyth and Maree Todd appointed as members.
- Justice Committee - Margaret Mitchell, Douglas Ross, Oliver Mundell, Liam McArthur, John Finnie, Rona Mackay, Mairi Evans, Mary Fee, Ben Macpherson, Fulton MacGregor and Stewart Stevenson appointed as members.
- Local Government and Communities Committee - Graham Simpson, Andy Wightman, Bob Doris, Elaine Smith, Kenneth Gibson, Alexander Stewart and Mairi Evans appointed as members.
- Rural Economy and Connectivity Committee - Edward Mountain, Jamie Greene, Peter Chapman, Mike Rumbles, John Finnie, Gail Ross, Rhoda Grant, Emma Harper, Stewart Stevenson, Richard Lyle and John Mason appointed as members.
- Social Security Committee - Adam Tomkins, Gordon Lindhurst, Alison Johnstone, Sandra White, George Adam, Mark Griffin, Ruth Maguire, Pauline McNeill and Ben Macpherson appointed as members.
- Sheila Rowan to be the new Chief Scientific Adviser.
- Winchester City Council – Simon Eden resigned as Chief Executive.
By-election Results 9th June
- Essex Council – Frank Ferguson elected for Basildon Laindon Park and Fryerns – UKIP gain from Labour.
- Lambeth – Luke Murphy elected for Gipsy Hill – Labour hold.
- North East Lincolnshire – Janet Goodwin elected for South – Labour hold.
- Southwark – Dan Whitehead elected for Surrey Docks – Liberal Democrat hold.
Industry, interest groups and trade associations
- Save the Children UK – Kevin Watkins to become Chief Executive from September.
- Royal Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland – Alan Laidlaw to become the new Chief Executive.
- Association of British Insurers – Andy Briggs to become Chair from October.
- English Apples and Pears - Steven Munday named as the new Chief Executive.
- Hanover – Alastair Gornall named as Chair.