Latest civil service & public affairs moves — April 1
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office – Alistair Burt resigned as foreign minister
- Department of Health and Social Care – Steve Brine has resigned as parliamentary under-secretary for public health and primary care.
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy – Richard Harrington resigned as minister for business and industry. Nuclear Decommissioning Authority – Gwen Parry-Jones OBE announced as chief executive of Magnox Ltd.
- Department for International Trade: UK Export Finance – Rahul Tabhane appoointed as country sead for India.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: DCMS Departmental Board – Sherry Coutu has been appointed as a non-executive board member for a term of three years. Royal Armouries – trustee and interim chair Hemant Patel has had both roles extended, each for a term of six months from 2 May. Horserace Betting Levy Board – Paul Lees role as chair of the board has been extended for a one-year term from 1 April.
- Ministry of Defence: NATO – Tim Radford has been appointed as deputy supreme allied commander Europe.
House of Parliament
- House of Lords – Ravensdale elected as the new crossbench hereditary peer, following the death of Viscount Slim earlier this year. The Bishop of Derby joined the house on the 28 March.
- Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology – Professor Elizabeth Fisher to replace Professor Fran Balkwill as a board member.
- Labour Party frontbench – Melanie Onn resigned from the Housing Team.
- National Assembly for Wales: UKIP – Michelle Brown AM has resigned from the party and is now sitting as an independent. Scrutiny of the First Minister – Janet Finch Saunders replaced David J Rowlands as a member.
- Camden Council – Jenny Rowlands had replaced Mike Cooke as chief executive.
- By-election Results 28 th March: Clackmannanshire Council – Jane McTaggart elected for Clackmannanshire Central – SNP hold (Phil Fairlie resigned). Sutton council – Barry Lewis elected for Wallington North – Liberal Democrat hold (Joyce Melican resigned).
- Royal College of Physicians – Professor Andrew Goddard has been appointed to the NHS's new NHS Assembly.
- Sharing Economy UK – Olivia Knight elected as chair for a one-year term. Fergus Campbell, Siddarth VijayaKumar and Marie Lorimer join as board members, each for a two-year term.
Department says data does not prove Universal Credit is to blame for rise in food bank...
Finance ministry must do more to hold departments to account on public spending value, says...
All this week, CSW brings you a snapshot of progress on the Government Major Project...
Civil servants offered extra leave to volunteer as special constables in drive to sign...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...
TCS is keen to contribute to the topic of successful partnerships between the public and private...