Latest civil service & public affairs moves — April 23
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Whips’ Office – Craig Whittaker became vice-chamberlain of HM Household (Government Whip).
- Department for Work and Pensions – Emma Haddad became director general for service excellence, John-Paul Marks became directorn general for work and health services.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office – Simon Mustard has been appointed British High Commissioner to the Republic of Sierra Leone. Alison Blake has been appointed Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
- Ministry of Justice: Legal Services Board – Catherine Brown, Tim Sawyer and Ian Hamer named as lay members, Jemima Coleman and Michael Smyth reappointed as board members and Catherine Seddon reappointed as a lay members.
- Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government: Homes England – Lou Downe appointed as director of service design and transformation.
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy: UK Space Agency Steering Board – Sally Howes named as chair, replacing David Southwood.
Northern Ireland Civil Service: Northern Ireland Authority for Utility Regulation – David de Casseres and Claire Williams appointed to the board.
- Luton Council – Robin Porter to become chief executive on 6 May.
- Scarborough Council – Michael Greene set to be appointed as chief executive, beginning in August.
- British Liver Trust – Pamela Healy appointed as chief executive.
- Human Appeal – Mohamed Ashmawey appointed as chief executive.
- Public Affairs Board – George McGregor and Emma Petela became co-chairs, replacing Paul Bristow. Cathy Owens and Paul Church to become vice-chairs.
Department chiefs twice as likely to have attended a fee-paying school than a comprehensive,...
Office for Disability Issues expansion hailed as a "bold statement from the government" to...
They play an increasingly important part in parliament’s scrutiny of government and can inspire...
The cabinet secretary says his leadership style is founded on three core elements. Beckie Smith...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...
TCS is keen to contribute to the topic of successful partnerships between the public and private...