Latest civil service & public affairs moves — August 12
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- See the makeup of the new government, including the ongoing Parliamentary Private Secretary announcements here
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy: Low Carbon Contracts Company and Electricity Settlements Company - Regina Finn appointed as Chair.
- Ministry of Justice: Investigatory Powers Tribunal – Andrew Knight, Charles Flint and Susan O’Brien reappointed as members.
- Department for Work and Pensions: Social Security Advisory Committee - Liz Sayce named as chair from 1 September, on an interim basis, replacing Ian Diamond.
- Forestry Commission: Julia Grant reappointed as a commissioner.
- UK Statistics Authority/Office of National Statistics: Ian Diamond appointed as the national statistician, chief executive of the UK Statistics Authority, permanent secretary of the Office for National Statistics and head of the Government Statistical Service.
- Labour Party: Alex Sobel named as the parliamentary private secretary to the shadow foreign secretary.
- Conservative Party: Helen Whately reappointed, and Paul Scully appointed, as deputy chair; Alec Shelbrooke reappointed, and Andrew Bowie, David Evennett, Helen Grant, Ranil Jayawardena and Caroline Johnson appointed, as vice-chairs.
- Northern Ireland Government: Northern Ireland Housing Executive – Chris Welch appointed as a member of the board.
By-election Results 8 August:Worcester Council – Mel Allcott elected for Claines – Liberal Democrat gain from Conservatives. (Stuart Denlegh-Maxwell died); East Northamptonshire Council – Lee Walker elected for Irthlingborough Waterloo – Conservative hold. (Marika Hillson resigned); Cambridge Council – Josh Matthews elected for Newnham – Liberal Democrat hold. (Lucy Nethsingha resigned as elected as an MEP).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nesta: Ravi Gurumurthy to replace Geoff Mulgan as chief executive at the end of the year.
- World Land Trust: Jonathan Barnard to replace John Burton as chief executive in September.
- Cats Protection: Catherine Cottrell appointed as director of income generation, starting on 23 September.
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations: Peter Kellner to stand down as chair at the end of November.
- Royal National Institute of Blind People: Stuart Fox to become director of finance, having been in the role on an interim basis.
Government won't fly in medicines in first batch of contracts awarded through £300m post-Brexit...
Shadow minister says Boris Johnson’s behaviour is a source of “unease” in civil service
PCS says strike threat prompted creation of dozens of new Universal Credit-related jobs
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...
TCS is keen to contribute to the topic of successful partnerships between the public and private...