Latest civil service & public affairs moves — December 9
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Laura Paton has been appointed the new HM Chief Inspector of Prosecution in Scotland, replacing Michelle McLeod.
- Wakefield Council: Denise Jeffrey replaced Peter Box as leader of the council on 1 December.
- Torridge District Council: Anna Dart stood down as leader of the council.
- Sheffield City Council: Charlie Adan recommended as the interim chief executive.
- By-election Result 5 December: Rhondda Cynon Taf Council - Julie Edwards elected for Ynyshir - Labour gain (caused by the resignation of Plaid Cymru councillor Darren Macey).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Institutions of the Church of England: Stephanie Harrison appointed as director of risk and assurance.
- Scottish Land & Estates: Sarah-Jane Laing appointed as chief executive.
- Action on Elder Abuse: Veronica Gray named as deputy chief executive.
- Institute and Faculty of Actuaries: Stephen Mann to become chief executive on 6 January.
- National Housing Federation: Rhys Moore has been appointed as executive director of public impact.
- Metro Bank: Craig Donaldson to stand down as chief executive at the end of December.
Cabinet Office’s Disability Unit to develop national strategy to put 'fairness at the heart of government work'
Department teams up with individuals, charities, and businesses to break down barriers and...
Boris Johnson had been working to a "stripped-back diary" after contracting Covid-19...
Usual limitations relaxed as organisations across the NHS are told to share data in fight...
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at...
How can local authorities and government departments ensure that civil servants are able to...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...