Latest civil service & public affairs moves — July 1
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Department for Exiting the European Union: Tim Shinner is to stand down as director, policy and delivery co-ordination.
- Ministry of Defence: Angela McLean named as the next chief scientific adviser; Independent Medical Expert Group – John Scadding named as the new chair from 1 August.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Consumer Council for Water – Robert Light was appointed as chair for three years.
- Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government: Homes England – Edward Lister reappointed as chair.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: Office of Communications – Paula Carter appointed as the chair of the Advisory Committee for England, and Aaqil Ahmed and Matthew Littleford appointed as members; National Portrait Gallery - Joanna Kennedy reappointed as a Trustee for four years.
- Department for International Trade: Stephen O’Brien appointed to the management board as a non-executive member for three years.
- Government Actuary’s Department: Alison White and Ian Wilson are to become non-executive directors on 1 September.
- Scottish Government: Sarah Davidson is to stand down as director general, organisational development and operations.
- By-election Results 27 June: Mansfield Council – Dave Saunders elected for Sandhurst – Mansfield Independent Forum gain (caused by the election of Labour candidate Andy Abrahams as Mayor of Mansfield).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Welsh NHS Confederation: Darren Hughes has been appointed as director, starting on 27 August and interim director Nesta Lloyd-Jones is to become assistant director.
- Centre for Mental Health: Kadra Abdinasir appointed as the new head of children and young people's mental health, while continuing in her role as strategic lead for the children and young people's mental health coalition.
- Independent Age: Deborah Alsina to join as chief executive in October.
- The Carnegie Trust: Sarah Davidson to become chief executive in August.
Labour leader tells MPs cabinet secretary’s written response to query should inform plans for...
Three weeks into his cabinet career, Commons leader says he ‘previously thought only corporate...
Department seeks leaders in the areas of digital enablement and cyber risk
Health department tells social care providers to brace for no-deal Brexit delays to medicine deliveries
Providers told supplies could take up to five days to deliver – up from three days set out...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...
TCS is keen to contribute to the topic of successful partnerships between the public and private...