Latest civil service & public affairs moves — July 1
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Department for Exiting the European Union: Tim Shinner is to stand down as director, policy and delivery co-ordination.
- Ministry of Defence: Angela McLean named as the next chief scientific adviser; Independent Medical Expert Group – John Scadding named as the new chair from 1 August.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Consumer Council for Water – Robert Light was appointed as chair for three years.
- Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government: Homes England – Edward Lister reappointed as chair.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: Office of Communications – Paula Carter appointed as the chair of the Advisory Committee for England, and Aaqil Ahmed and Matthew Littleford appointed as members; National Portrait Gallery - Joanna Kennedy reappointed as a Trustee for four years.
- Department for International Trade: Stephen O’Brien appointed to the management board as a non-executive member for three years.
- Government Actuary’s Department: Alison White and Ian Wilson are to become non-executive directors on 1 September.
- Scottish Government: Sarah Davidson is to stand down as director general, organisational development and operations.
- By-election Results 27 June: Mansfield Council – Dave Saunders elected for Sandhurst – Mansfield Independent Forum gain (caused by the election of Labour candidate Andy Abrahams as Mayor of Mansfield).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- Welsh NHS Confederation: Darren Hughes has been appointed as director, starting on 27 August and interim director Nesta Lloyd-Jones is to become assistant director.
- Centre for Mental Health: Kadra Abdinasir appointed as the new head of children and young people's mental health, while continuing in her role as strategic lead for the children and young people's mental health coalition.
- Independent Age: Deborah Alsina to join as chief executive in October.
- The Carnegie Trust: Sarah Davidson to become chief executive in August.
DWP says it is hiring "as quickly as we can" as minister admits complaints take a year to...
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at...
Watchdog says keenness to proceed with Liverpool project led to deal being struck before...
Ten senior officials with Brexit responsibility moved jobs in 2018/19 despite year being a high...
How can local authorities and government departments ensure that civil servants are able to...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...