Latest civil service & public affairs moves — June 5
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Department for International Development – Nick Dyer has been named as interim permanent secretary following the announcement that Mark Lowcock will be leaving for a position with the UN
- Philippines – Daniel Pruce has been appointed as Ambassador to the Philippines and non-resident Ambassador to Palau. He will take up his appointment in August 2017 replacing Asif Ahmad.
- Scottish Federation of Housing Associations – Sally Thomas has been appointed as chief executive and will take over from Mary Taylor who will retire on 23 June. Thomas is expected to begin her new role in July. She joins the association from North Star Housing Group.
- ABPI – Saratha Rajeswaran will join the company as executive director of public affairs making the move from Edelman.
- Trafalgar Strategy – Giles Kenningham launched his new Covent Garden based communications consultancy. Previously, Kenningham worked in comms for the Conservative Party under David Cameron.
- Campaign to Protect Rural England: Crispin Truman will become chief executive in September, succeeding Shaun Spiers who is moving to charitable think-tank the Green Alliance. Truman will move from the Churches Conservation Trust, where he has spent nearly 14 years.
- Women’s Aid: Katie Ghose has been appointed as chief executive and will take up her position on 17 July. She will move from the Electoral Reform Society where she was chief executive for seven years.
- Cherie Blair Foundation for Women: Helen McEachern has been announced as the new chief executive. She will begin her role on 26 July.
- The Abbeyfield Society: David McCullough will become chief executive as of 1 August.
Request is a first in providing statutory cover for Brexit outlay ahead of EU-exit...
The coalition government beefed up the role of departmental non-executives, and have encouraged...
Public Accounts Committee warns “a lot at stake” with Carrier Strike programme
Next stage in HMCTS modernisation programme could see eight closures
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...
TCS is keen to contribute to the topic of successful partnerships between the public and private...