Latest civil service & public affairs moves — March 11
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Department for Exiting the European Union: Clare Moriarty to replace Philip Rycroft as permanent secretary at the end of March.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Tamara Finkelstein to replace Clare Moriarty as permanent secretary on an interim basis at the end of March; Robert Goodwill appointed as minister of state for agriculture, fisheries and food.
- Northern Ireland Office: Board of the International Fund for Ireland - Paddy Harte named as chair, Avila Kilmurray, Richard O'Rawe, Hilary Singleton, Bernie Butler, Allen McAdam and Sadie Ward-McDermott appointed as members; Koulla Yiasouma reappointed as commissioner for children and young people.
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy: Oil and Gas Authority – Tim Eggar named as chair, replacing Frances Morris-Jones.
- Ministry of Justice: Legal Services Board - David Abbott, Paul Crook, Owen Derbyshire and Liz Owen appointed to the Legal Services Consumer Panel.
- Department for Transport: Highways England - Roger Lowe re-appointed as a non-executive Director, Carolyn Battersby named as the shareholder appointed non-executive director; Transport Infrastructure Efficiency Taskforce - Mike Brown appointed as the chair.
- HM Treasury: Financial Conduct Authority - Richard Lloyd appointed as a Non-executive Director and Baroness Hogg reappointed as a non-executive director.
- By-election Result 7 March: Aylesbury Vale District Council – David Lyons elected for Haddenham & Stone – Green gain from Conservative. (Michael Edmonds died)..
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Young Women's Trust: Carole Easton to stand down as chief executive.
- RNLI: Mark Dowie appointed as chief executive.
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital Charity: Rosie Storlarski named as the first chief executive.
- The King’s Fund: Sally Warren appointed as director of policy.
- Barndoor: David Spencer joins as managing director.
- Field Consulting: Lucy Holbrook named as the first managing director.
Damning report says department has yet to “get a grip” on the troubled trans-capital rail line...
Cabinet secretary lauds Thompson’s achievements at the head of the tax authority as move to...
Public sector pay rises set to outstrip 2% rise for civil servants revealed last month
Prospect says landmark judgement could have significant implications for all public-sector...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...
TCS is keen to contribute to the topic of successful partnerships between the public and private...