Latest civil service & public affairs moves — November 21
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues on Dods People
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: David Concar has been appointed Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Federal Republic of Somalia.
- Department for Health: NHS Digital – Andy Williams is to retire as Chief Executive on 31st March, with Rob Shaw taking the role on an interim basis.
- Department for International Trade: Departmental Board - Simon Walker, Julie Currie, Pippa Malmgren and Noel Hawerth appointed as non-executive members.
- UK Export Finance – Noel Hawerth to become Chair of the Board, replacing Guy Beringer from January 2017; Lawrence Weiss as a Non-Executive member.
- Home Office: Migration Advisory Committee – Alan Manning appointed as Chair.
- Ministry of Justice: Parole Board – John Saunders named as Vice-chair.
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport: Ofcom Board - Nick Pollard appointed as a member.
- Department for Education: Construction Industry Training Board – Mark Noonan appointed as Industry Relations Director, starting in January.
Political and Parliamentary Organisations
- National Audit Office – Abdool Kara to become Executive Leader from 27th February.
House of Commons
- Public Accounts Commission – Philip Boswell replaced Deidre Brock as a member.
- Public Audit and Post-legislative Scrutiny Committee – Ross Thomson replaced Alison Harris as a member.
- Delegated Powers and Law Reform Committee – Alison Harris replaced Rachael Hamilton as a member.
- Swale Council – Abdool Kara to stand down as Chief Executive in February.
By-election Results 17th November
- Bath & North East Somerset Council – Lizzie Gladwyn elected for Abbey – Conservative gain from Green.
- Dumfries & Galloway Council – Douglas Fairbairn elected for Annandale North – Conservative hold.
- Harborough Council – Jonathan Bateman elected for Misterton – Conservative hold.
- Welwyn Hatfield Council – Nathaniel Chapman elected for Haldens – Conservative hold.
Industry & interest Groups
- Oxfam – Caroline Thomson appointed as Chair.
- Manor Building Preservation Trust - Jonathan Brinsden appointed by the Charity Commission as Interim Manager.
- Pure Fundraising – Helen Mackenzie appointed as Chief Executive.
- Acevo – Vicky Browning named as Chief Executive, starting in January.
Philip Rycroft has spent much of his career working on devolution – the biggest force for change...
National Audit Office calls for ‘systematic approach’ to assessing capability and effectiveness...
MoJ rejects call to review Transforming Rehabilitation reforms in long-delayed response to...
£940,000 bill does not include VAT or cost of departmental officials' time
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...
TCS is keen to contribute to the topic of successful partnerships between the public and private...