Latest civil service & public affairs moves — September 9
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Jo Johnson MP resigned as Minister of State for Universities, Science, Research and Innovation.
- Michelle Donelan was appointed as an unpaid Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Department for Education as maternity cover for Kemi Badenoch MP.
- Cabinet Office: Civil Service Pension Board - Margaret Edwards has been re-appointed as the non-executive Chair.
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport: Susannah Storey took up her role as director general, digital and media.
- Department for Exiting the European Union: Susannah Storey left her role as director general.
- Department for Work and Pensions: The Pensions Ombudsman - Caroline Rookes appointed as chair on an interim basis.
- Scottish Parliament: Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body - Jackson Carlaw resigned as a member; Scottish Parliamentary Bureau – Elaine Smith replaced Rhoda Grant as the representative for Scottish Labour; Economy, Energy and Fair Work Committee - Willie Coffey replaced Angela Constance and Richard Lyle replaced John Mason as a member; Education and Skills Committee - Gail Ross replaced Gordon MacDonald as a member; Equalities and Human Rights Committee - Angela Constance replaced Gail Ross as a member; Finance and Constitution Committee - Gordon MacDonald replaced Willie Coffey and John Mason replaced Emma Harper as a member; Public Petitions Committee - Gail Ross replaced Angus MacDonald as a member; Rural Economy and Connectivity Committee - Emma Harper replaced Gail Ross and Angus MacDonald replaced John Mason as a member.
- Kent County Council: Paul Carter to stand down as leader on 17 October
- By-election Results 5September: Coventry Council – Mattie Heaven elected for Wainbody – Conservative hold (caused by the death of Conservative councillor Gary Crookes); Eden Council – Helen Fearon elected for Penrith South – Conservative gain (caused by the death of Independent councillor Paul Connor); Kingston upon Hull Council – Leanne Fudge elected for St Andrew’s and Docklands – Labour hold (caused by the death of Labour councillor Nadine Fudge).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- James’ Place: Ellen O’Donoghue appointed as executive director.
- ACT for Cancer: Sue O’Lone appointed as director of fundraising.
- Sense: Lord Levy to become the first president.
Manifesto pledge details plans for four new ministries and scrap ‘symbol of fear’ DWP as part of...
Cabinet Office stats also reveal officials in London pay less than elsewhere in England
Tax agency offers tips to avoid scams ahead of 31 January deadline
On this week's episode of The Civil Service World Podcast, Jess and Suzannah speak to Francis...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...
TCS is keen to contribute to the topic of successful partnerships between the public and private...