Building regulations and fire safety remain a pressing issue from housing associations across FRS services to industry stakeholders.
The Government has recently closed two consultations in this area, namely the Fire Safety Order and proposals for reform of the building safety regulatory system.
It is now paramount that key stakeholders across the sector consider what the next steps are to ensuring safety throughout a building’s lifecycle; with the aim to move beyond a culture of compliance to one of safety.
Welcoming professionals from a range of backgrounds, the Building Regulations and Fire Safety Conference, chaired by Sir Ken Knight, is your chance to explore first-hand what solutions are being put in place to get around challenges in building and fire safety. We will examine the latest proposals for reform as well as good practice in ensuring safety is prioritised at every stage of a buildings lifecycle.
Key topic points for 2019:
- -- Building a Safer Future: Proposals for Reform of the Building Safety Regulatory System
- -- Fire Safety Reform
- -- The Future of Fire Risk Assessments
- -- Dutyholders: The New Regime and Responsibilities
- -- The Stronger Accountability and Regulatory Framework that will Underpin this Sector Change
- -- Residents Voice: Engagement and Ensuring Safety Concerns are Heard
- -- Next Steps: Working together to Ensure all Buildings are Safe in the Future