PublicTechnology, supported by TrendMicro, E2E Assure and SBL, is hosting a special briefing event to bring together some of the leading public and private sector experts on cyber security.
The public sector is in the midst of a digital revolution that shows no sign of losing momentum. The growing adoption of cloud services by the public sector; increasing service user demand driving channel shift; multi-agency integrated approaches to vulnerable service users in the health/social care and justice sectors and the relentless demand for data to be available to public sector workers in a mobile setting means that sensitive data is operating in a more dynamic way than ever before.
These transformational challenges are coming at a time when cyber-attacks by both criminals and hostile states are on the rise, therefore the pressures on those charged with developing and delivering the cyber security and data protection strategies for our public bodies are high.
Join us for a discussion on emerging cyber threats and the opportunities these transformational shifts present. Managing Cyber Threats in the Public Sector will comprise of a panel discussion by leading experts on public sector cyber security, followed by a drinks reception.
Joining us on the panel will be:
- Siobhan Coughlan, Programme Manager - Productivity and Lead for Cyber Security, Local Government Authority
- Daniel Helps, Head of Fraud Operations - Counter Fraud & Investigation Directorate, National unit hosted at Thurrock Council
- Mike Hulett, Head of Operations - National Cyber Crime Unit, National Crime Agency
- Bharat Mistry, Principal Security Strategist, Trend Micro
- Sam Trendall, Editor, PublicTechnology (chair)
This event is free to attend and open to the public sector only. To register your interest, please click here or please feel free to contact Daisy Crisp by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org