The Government Property Agency (GPA) invites individuals, teams and organisations across the Civil Service to submit nominations for awards in five categories
The five categories are:
● Corporate Leadership - Best example of leadership in Smarter Working (individual, team or organisation)
● Workspace - Best optimisation of property portfolio for Smarter Working (team or organisation)
● Technology - Best utilisation of technology to enable mobility and collaboration (individual, team or organisation)
● Culture and People - Best culture of Smarter Working (organisation)
● Smarter Working Together - Best example of working beyond own programme/organisation/department to embed a Smarter Working culture throughout government
Nominations should cover the period 01 April 2017 to 31 December 2018, and all government bodies are eligible to enter, including departments, NDPBs, ALBs, executive agencies and local authorities. Visit www.smarterworkingawards.com for full details.
Shortlisted finalists will be invited to an awards event on 26 February 2019 at the BT Tower in London. Each finalist will present their bid to a panel of expert judges who will then decide on a winner for each category. The winners will be given their prestigious award during the evening reception by John Manzoni, Chief Executive of the Civil Service and Cabinet Office Permanent Secretary.
The Smarter Working programme is a key element of the Government Estate Strategy. It supports the transformation of the Civil Service into a great place to work and an employer of choice by: creating environments that empower staff to make the right decision about where and when to work; optimising the use of workplaces and technology; and realising savingsfor the taxpayer. Smarter Working aims to improve productivity with a greater focus on outputs to enable a better work-life balance for all.
Nominations open 07 January and close 28 January, with shortlisted candidates announced two weeks afterwards. Full details of how to make your nomination will be available via the website.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to raise the profile of your Smarter Working programme and be recognised for your excellence by the very highest of the Civil Service Executive. Together we can make the Civil Service a great place to work!