Latest civil service & public affairs moves – March 6
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via the Dods People team
Department for Business and Trade
- Companies House – John Clarke appointed as chair.
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport: Gambling Commission – David Rossington appointed as interim commissioner for nine months. Historic England – Dame Julie Kenny appointed as commissioner for four years until 31 January 2027. National Heritage Memorial Fund and National Lottery Heritage Fund – Denise Lewis Poulton appointed as trustee and chair of the Committee for Wales for three years until 5 February 2026. Sport England – Mel Bound, Michelle Cracknell, Jason Fergus and Helene Raynsford appointed as board members for three years until 31 December 2025.
- Ministry of Defence: Single Source Regulations Office – John Russell appointed as chief executive from 1 July.
- Department for Energy Security and Net Zero – Graham Stuart appointed as minister of state for energy security and net zero; Andrew Bowie appointed as parliamentary under-secretary of state for nuclear and networks; Amanda Solloway appointed as parliamentary under-secretary of state for energy consumers and affordability; Lord Callanan appointed as parliamentary under-secretary of state for energy efficiency and green finance
- Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office –Nic Bowler appointed as His Majesty’s ambassador to the Kyrgyz Republic from June, succeeding Charles Garrett .
- Department of Health and Social Care: Committee on Mutagenicity of Chemicals in Food, Consumer Products and the Environment – Dr Carol Beevers and Dr Andrew Povey re-appointed as members for three years.
- Home Office: Biometrics and Forensics Ethics Group – Professor Richard Guest, Dr Nóra Ni Loideain and Professor Emeritus Charles Raab re-appointed for three years. Police Remuneration Review Body and National Crime Agency Remuneration Review Body – Mark Hoble re-appointed for three years until March 2026.
- Ministry of Justice: Independent Advisory Panel on Deaths in Custody – Lynne Emslie appointed as chair for three years from 27 February until 26 February 2026.
- Northern Ireland Office – Fiona Ross appointed as non-executive board member for three years from 1 March.
- HM Treasury: Financial Policy Committee – Jonathan Hall re-appointed for three years until 31 August 2026.
Houses of Parliament
House of Commons
- Finance Committee – Sharon Hodgson added; Nicholas Brown discharged.
House of Lords
- Baroness Boothroyd (Crossbench, life peer) died on 26 February.
- Lord Pendry (Labour, life peer) died on 26 February.
- Standards Commission for Scotland – Helen Donaldson and Anne-Marie O’Hara appointed as members, succeeding Mike McCormick and Tricia Stewart.
- Scottish Government – John Swinney to stand down as deputy first minister and cabinet secretary for Covid recovery once the new first minister is appointed.
- Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board – Dyfed Edwards appointed as chair and Karen Balmer, Rhian Watcyn Jones and Gareth Williams appointed as interim independent board members following the previous chair, vice-chair and independent board members agreeing to step aside; Susan Aitkenhead, Alan Brace, Mick Giannasi, David Jenkins and Dr Graham Shortland appointed as health board advisers.
- Digital Health and Care Wales – Marian Wyn Jones and Rowan Gardner re-appointed as independent members for four years from 1 April.
Northern Ireland Executive
- Invest NI Board – Colm McKenna appointed as interim chair for nine months until 30 November.
Interested in an updated contact list of local government leaders? Get in contact with your Dods account manager or customer services for more details.
- Liverpool City Council – Andrew Lewis appointed as chief executive; he is currently chief Executive of Cheshire West and Chester Council.
- Swindon Borough Council – Susie Kemp to stand down as chief executive.
- Tower Hamlets Council – Steven Halsey appointed as interim chief executive.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- Autism Together – Richard Whitby appointed as chief executive.
- Film and TV Charity – Alex Pumfrey to stand down as chief executive in May.
- National Voices – Jacob Lant appointed as chief executive.