Helping South Central Ambulance Service First Responders connect when every second counts
Vodafone teams up with CommonTime to help South Central Ambulance Service volunteers save lives in their community
Operating 365 days a year, South Central Ambulance Service (SCAS) provide 999 emergency response and NHS 111 care to residents within Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire and Oxfordshire.
Integral to the organisation is its 1200 Community First Responders and Co Responders; members of the public who volunteer to assist their local community by attending life threatening emergency calls.
SCAS needed a new communications solution that would help get first responders to a scene, as quickly as possible and with all the information they needed.
- - Find a solution to enable SCAS to communicate with Community First Responders quickly and easily when an emergency call comes in.
- - Improve the ability to track responders’ locations, so they can despatch the nearest volunteer and remain updated on the patient’s treatment.
- - Reduce the number of devices Community First Responders need.
- - SCAS can see which volunteers are on call, and dispatch the volunteer nearest to the emergency.
- - With the ability to see where responders are, SCAS and its control room know that volunteers are safe, and that patients are receiving treatment.
- - Using one device saves responders precious minutes when getting ready to attend an emergency call.