Latest civil service & public affairs moves — December 14
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office: Paul Brummell has been appointed Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Republic of Latvia in succession to Keith Shannon; Matthew Lodge has been appointed Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Hellenic Republic in succession to Kate Smith; Kirsty Hayes has been appointed Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Argentine Republic in succession to Mark Kent.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Office for Environmental Protection – Glenys Stacey named as the preferred candidate to become chair.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport:: Treasure Valuation Committee – Lucina Orr appointed as a member; Imperial War Museum – Tim Marlow has been reappointed as a trustee; Wallace Collection – Marilyn Berk and Eric Ellul reappointed as trustees.
- Department for Education: Susan Acland-Hood appointed as permanent secretary, having been in the role on an interim basis; Rachel de Souza named as preferred candidate to be Children's Commissioner for Englandl Child Safeguarding Practice Review Panel – Annie Hudson to become Chair, replacing Karen Manners who had been in the role on an interim basis.
- Office of the Advocate General for Scotland: Lord Stewart of Dirleton sworn in as Advocate General for Scotland.
- Ministry of Justice: Independent Monitoring Authority for the Citizens’ Rights Agreements – Ashley Fox to be the first chair; Punam Birly, Marcus Killick and Leo O’Reilly appointed as non-executive members.
- Department of Health and Social Care: Deborah Sturdy has been appointed as chief nurse for adult social care in England for an interim period of up to six months.
- Northern Ireland Government: Northern Ireland Blood Transfusion Service - Philip Cathcart’s appointment as a mon-executive member has been extended; Education Authority – Marry Mulholland to become Chair on 1st January.
- Welsh Government: Regulatory Board for Wales – Deep Sagar named as the new chair from 1st January.
- Liverpool City Council: Joe Anderson stood down as elected Mayor; councillor and Deputy Mayor Wendy Simon is to take on the role on an interim basis.
- East Ayrshire Council: Eddie Fraser to replace Fiona Lees as chief executive.
- Sheffield Council: Bob Johnson elected as leader of the council, replacing Julie Dore in January.
- Cheltenham Borough Council: Rowena Hay to become leader of the council, replacing Steve Jordan.