Latest civil service & public affairs moves — December 7
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office: Joe White appointed HM Consul-General, San Francisco, and Technology Envoy to the USA; Chris Trott has been appointed Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Holy See.
- Office of the Secretary of State for Scotland: Laurence Rockey replaced Gillian MacGregor as Director.
- HM Treasury: Chris Grigg appointed as senior adviser on an interim basis to support the establishment of a new infrastructure bank.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: Arts Council England – Paul Roberts reappointed as a member.
- Department for International Trade: Andrew Hood appointed as lead non-executive board member and Dominic Johnson, Dambisa Moyo and Douglas Carswell appointed as non-executive board members; Amanda Books to replace Oliver Griffiths as UK Chief Negotiatior for UK-US negotiations; Trade Remedies Authority: Oliver Griffiths to become chief executive, replacing Satjit Singh who had been in the role on an interim basis.
- Department of Health and Social Care: Nadhim Zahawi appointed as Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State (Minister for COVID Vaccine Deployment), remaining as Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State (Minister for Business and Industry.
- Northern Ireland Government: Jenny Pyper named as interim Head of the Northern Ireland Civil Service, for eight months; Comhairle na Gaelscholaíochta - Gerard Patrick Adams reappointed as a member of the board; Ulster Supported Employment Ltd – Damian Duffy and Sarah Wakfer appointed as board members.
- Northern Ireland Assembly: Procedures Committee - Nicola Brogan appointed as a member.
- Scottish Parliament: Justice Sub-Committee on Policing – Rhoda Grant replaced James Kelly as a member.
- Durham County Council: John Hewitt to become interim chief executive, replacing Terry Collins.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- Lloyds Bank: Charlie Nunn to become chief executive.
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health: Bev Messinger to retire in mid-2021.
- National Animal Welfare Trust: Andrew Gillon named as Director of Operations.
- Nursing and Midwifery Council – Justine Craig to join as member for Scotland in May, replacing Rob Parry. Tracey MacCormack and Gloria Rowland to join as associates in January.