Latest civil service & public affairs moves — June 1
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Ministry of Justice: Criminal Cases Review Commission – Zahra Ahmed, Nicola Cockburn and Joanne Fazakerley appointed as Commissioners.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: National Lottery Community Fund – Paul Sweeney appointed as Chair of the Northern Ireland Funding Committee for four years from 1 June.
- Department for Education: Education and Skills Funding Agency – Kirsty Evans appointed as director of the further education; Student Loans Company – Chris Larmer appointed as executive director, operations; Ofsted: Amanda Spielman re-appointed as chief inspector of education, children's services and skills for a new term of two years commencing from 1 January 2022.
- Department for International Trade: James Bowler to replace John Alty as permanent secretary. Alty had been in the role on an interim basis.
- Cabinet Office: Simon Ridley to replace James Bowler as head of the Covid Taskforce.
- Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office: Laurie Bristow has been appointed Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in succession to Alison Blake.
- Prime Minister’s Office: James Wotherspoon to succeed Donald Cameron of Lochiel as Her Majesty's Lord Lieutenant for Inverness; Ven Julie Conalty to succeed Rt Hon Gordon Sinclair to the Suffragan See of Birkenhead; Rev Canon Samuel Corley to succeed Rt Rev Elizabeth Lane to the Suffragan See of Stockport.
- Food Standards Agency: Lord Blencathra and Fiona Gately named as board members.
- Northern Ireland Government: Northern Ireland Food Advisory Committee – Ellen Finlay, Cathal McDonnell and Lynne McMullan appointed as members.
- Scottish Government: Law Officers – James Wolffe is to stand down as Lord Advocate and Alison Di Rollo to stand down as Solicitor General.
- Welsh Government: Wales Animal Health and Welfare Framework (AHWF) Group – Sara Pedersen, Phillip Jones, Iestyn Tudur-Jones, Catherine Nakielny and Gary Yeomans appointed as members for three years from 1 June.
- Croydon Council: Katherine Kerswell appointed as chief executive, having been in the role on an interim basis.
- North Lincolnshire Council: Denise Hyde to resign as chief executive later this year.
- Stafford Council and Cannock Chase Council: Tim Clegg to become interim chief executive of both councils.
- New Forest District Council: Bob Jackson to stand down as chief executive in August.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- Innovate Finance – Adam Jackson joined as director of policy.
- Society for the Protection of Animals Abroad: Linda Edwards to become chief executive in August.
- Stonewall – Michele Oliver to replace Simon Blake as vice-chair.