Latest civil service & public affairs moves — February 10
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Department of Health and Social Care: Health Education England – Wendy Reid to become chief executive on an interim basis on 1st April, replacing Ian Cumming.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Philip Barton has been appointed British High Commissioner to the Republic of India in succession to Dominic Asquith; Catherine Inglehearn has been appointed Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Republic of Niger in succession to Cat Evans; Karen Pierce has been appointed Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the United States of America.
- HM Treasury: Financial Conduct Authority - Bernadette Conroy and Jeannette Lichnerwill named as Non-Executive Directors of the board, replacing Amelia Fletcher and Catherine Bradley; National Savings and Investment - Christopher Fisher and Sharmila Nebhrajani reappointed as Non-Executive Directors of the board.
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy: Innovate UK - Isabel Fox and Matt Clifford appointed as members of the council; Regulatory Horizon Council – Cathryn Ross appointed as the first chair of the new committee; Sellafield Ltd - Martin Chown became the new chief executive.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: National Lottery Community Fund - Tony Burton appointed as interim Chair until 20th August.
- Ministry of Justice: Parole Board – Peter Rook became the vice-chair.
- Scottish Government: Derek Mackay resigned as finance minister.
- Boston Council: Paul Skinner elected as council leader; By-election Result 6th February: Warrington council – Alex Abbey elected for Burtonwood and Winwick – Labour hold (caused by the death of Labour councillor Terry O’Neill).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- South West Lakes Trust: James Platts promoted to become chief executive.
- 360Giving: Tania Cohen to replace Rachel Rank on 16th March.
- Shelter Scotland: Graeme Brown to stand down as director in May.
- British Dental Association – Martin Woodrow appointed as chief Executive, having been in the role on an interim basis.
- Abellio UK – Emily James named as head of public affairs.
- Teneo: Amber Rudd to join as senior adviser.
Perm sec says demand levels mean policy changes such as cutting five-week payment...
PM says he will continue to lead the national fight-back against coronavirus "thanks to the...
Coronavirus: HMRC ‘working urgently’ to implement self-employed support as Sunak unveils £9bn package
Chancellor hints at changes to the way the self-employed are taxed once crisis is over to ensure...
Delayed results of sentiment poll paint broad picture of ongoing improvement
How can local authorities and government departments ensure that civil servants are able to...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...