Latest civil service & public affairs moves — February 17
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
All details of the new government, with comparisons to the old government can be found here https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/conservative-party/news/dods-people/109868/updating-live-track-every-move
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Harriet Cross appointed as British High Commissioner to the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago in succession to Tim Stew in July; Paul Fox appointed as Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Hungary in succession to Iain Lindsay in September; Simon Martin appointed as Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Kingdom of Morocco in succession to Thomas Reilly.
- Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy: Civil Nuclear Constabulary - Louise Harrison to become assistant chief constable on 17 February.
- HM Treasury: Financial Conduct Authority – Sheldon Mills to become interim executive director of strategy and competition on 16 March.
- Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government: Permanent secretary Melanie Dawes to stand down in March to become chief executive of Ofcom; Homes England - Harry Swales appointed as executive director of markets, partners and places.
- Welsh Government: Ken Skates appointed as Minister for North Wales, remaining as Minister for Economy and Transport.
- Northern Ireland Government: Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company - Mark Sweeney named as interim chair.
- Northern Ireland Assembly: Business Committee - Gary Middleton replaced George Robinson as a member.
- National Assembly for Wales: Nick Ramsay re-instated as a Conservative AM; Assembly Commission - Rhun ap Iorwerth replaces Sian Gwenllian as a member.
- Cheshire East Council: Lorraine O’Donnell due to replace Kath O’Dwyer as chief executive; By-election Results 13 February: East Staffordshire council – Laura Beech elected for Yoxall – Conservative hold (caused by the resignation of Conservative councillor Alan Johnson); Huntingdonshire council – Adam Roberts elected for St Ives East – Conservative hold (caused by the resignation of Conservative councillor Jason Ablewhite); Hertsmere council – Brett Rosehill elected for Borehamwood Kenilworth – Conservative gain from Labour (caused by the resignation of Labour councillor Kumail Jaffer); Waverley council – Maxine Gale elected for Milford – Independent gain from Independent. (caused by the death of Independent councillor Jack Lee); Thanet council – Marc Rattigan elected for Cliffsend and Pegwell – Conservative hold (caused by the resignation of Conservative councillor David Stevens).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pilotlight: Ed Mayo to replace Gillian Murray as chief executive in the summer; Action for Children – Julie Bentley to resign as chief executive.
- RenewableUK: Melanie Onn to become deputy chief executive on 9 March.
Work and pensions secretary says that department will look to increase work coach numbers to...
Jenrick says government needs the backing of people "most affected by" its response to...
Reorganisation comes after Simon Case returns to civil service as No.10 perm sec
PAC says Get Ready for Brexit campaign did not inspire confidence, and UK now faces "two...
How can local authorities and government departments ensure that civil servants are able to...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...