Latest civil service & public affairs moves — June 19
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
View our Government reshuffle updates here: www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/conservative-party/news/86573/updating-live-theresa-mays-post-election
View our Labour Party reshuffle updates here: www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/feature/86748/updating-live-labours-post-election-reshuffle
Houses of Parliament
- House of Lords: Marquess of Salisbury (Conservative, Life Peer) retired on 8 June; Lord Simon of Highbury (Non-affiliated, Life Peer) retired on 9 June; Lord Walpole (Crossbench, Hereditary Peer) retired on 13 June, a by-election to replace him will take place on 19 July; Baroness Turner of Camden (Labour, Life Peer) ceased to be a member of the House on 13th June, due to non-attendance; Lord Wolfson of Sunningdale (Conservative, Life Peer) ceased to be a member of the House on 13th June, due to non-attendance.
- House of Commons: View all new MPs and their biographies and contact details on Dods People.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Barry Lowen has been appointed Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria
- HM Treasury: Monetary Policy Committee – Andrew Haldane reappointed as a member.
Ombudsmen and complaint-handling Bodies
- Legal Ombudsman – Nick Hawkins is to stand down as chief executive in September.
- Liberal Democrats: Tim Farron is to resign as leader of the Party once parliamentary recess begins.
- Scottish National Party: Ian Blackford was elected as leader of the parliamentary group, and Kirsty Blackman as the deputy.
- Plaid Cymru: Liz Saville Roberts was elected as Leader of the parliamentary group.
- Scottish Parliament: Rachael Hamilton was elected as Conservative MSP in the Ettrick, Roxburgh and Berwickshire by-election; Douglas Ross resigned as Conservative MSP for Highlands and Islands, and will be replaced by Jamie Halcro Johnstonl Ross Thomson resigned as Conservative MSP for North East Scotland, and will be replaced by Tom Mason on 20 June.
- Scottish Government: Scottish Police Authority – Andrew Flanagan is to stand down as chair once a new one is in place.
- Northern Ireland Assembly: Michelle Gildernew resigned as Sinn Fein MLA for Fermanagh and South Tyrone, and was replaced by Colm Gildernew; Elisha McCallion resigned as Sinn Fein MLA for Foyle, and was replaced by Karen Mullan; Barry McElduff resigned as Sinn Fein MLA for West Tyrone, and was replaced by Catherine Kelly; Chris Hazzard resigned as Sinn Fein MLA for South Down; Paul Girvan resigned as the DUP MLA for South Antrim.
- Wimbledon and Putney Commons Conservators – Gordon Reid has been appointed as an interim manager by the Charity Commission.
- RSPCA – Jeremy Cooper stood down as chief executive.
- Migrant Help – Andrew Billany to become chief executive on 26 June.
- Yorkshire Cancer Research – Kathryn Scott replaced Charles Rowett as chief executive.
- Brain Tumour Research – Carrie Hume appointed as head of public affairs and campaigning.
- Amnesty International – Rosie Chapman and Susan Wallcroft named as trustees.
- inHouse Communications – Katie Perrior returning to the agency as chair.
- Bell Pottinger – James Chapman appointed as a partner.
Report suggests UK’s top negotiator is increasingly frustrated at being sidelined in Brexit...
The centenary of women’s suffrage is a good opportunity to start making sure government is held...
Departmental perm sec reveals Brexit funding for 2018-19 has not yet been agreed with the...
Government insists agreed transition will have an end date, ahead of a Brexit war Cabinet...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...
TCS is keen to contribute to the topic of successful partnerships between the public and private...