Latest civil service & public affairs moves — May 13
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Baroness Fairhead stood down as Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion.
- Baroness Manzoor stood down as Whip.
- Robert Buckland appointed as Minister of State at the Ministry of Justice (previously Solicitor General).
- Lucy Frazer appointed as Solicitor General (previously Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State at the Ministry of Justice).
- Paul Maynard appointed as Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State at the Ministry of Justice (previously Government Whip).
- Andrew Murrison appointed as Minister of State at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: National Heritage Fund: Baroness Andrews reappointed as Wales committee chair; National Lottery Committee Fund: Peter Ainsworth reappointed as chair and Nat Slone as England committee chair; V&A - Nick Hoffman reappointed as trustee.
- Department for Health and Social Care: National Independent Safeguarding Board: Jane Randall named as Chair; Jo Aubrey, Tessa Hodgson, Karen Minton, Jan Pickles and Tony Young named as members.
- Home Office: John Tuckett has been appointed as the new immigration services commissioner, starting in the summer.
Houses of Parliament
- House of Lords: Lord Steel of Aikwood has rejoined the Liberal Democrats.
- House of Commons: International Trade Committee - Chris Leslie discharged and Gareth Thomas added as a member; Home Affairs Committee: Alex Norris and John Woodcock discharged and Janet Daby and Toby Perkins added as members; Justice Committee - Janet Daby discharged and Andy Slaughter added as a member; Women and Equalities Committee - Gavin Shuker discharged and Stephanie Peacock added as a member; Selection Committee - Andrew Stephenson discharged and Jeremy Quin added as a member; Environmental Audit Committee - Alex Cunningham discharged and Ruth Jones added as a member.
- Police Ombudsman for Northern Ireland - Marie Anderson to be recommended as the next ombudsman.
- WA Communications: Lee Findell appointed as head of corporate, and Sarah Gullo as associate director.
- Mencap: Jan Tregelles to stand down as chief executive in autumn.
- Plan International UK: Rose Caldwell appointed as chief executive, replacing Tanya Barron in September.
Government must learn the lessons of its bruising parliamentary experiences if it is to deliver...
Comms staff to receive more training after a media officer circulated figures from public...
Job spec states that the candidate will be required to lead the shift from a policy department...
UK a close second as ranking authors warn of global "inequality of access to AI”
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...
TCS is keen to contribute to the topic of successful partnerships between the public and private...