Latest civil service & public affairs moves — May 8
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
General Election 2017
View our spreadsheet of MPs’ intentions for the election here: http://bit.ly/2oLhfsE and ask about information on selected candidates and Dods’ PPC Picks.
Houses of Parliament
House of Lords – Lord May of Oxford (Crossbench, Life Peer) retired on 2 May.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office – Gus Jaspert has been appointed governor of the British Virgin Islands; Tim Foy has been appointed governor of Anguilla in succession to Christina Scott from August
- Scottish Parliament – Rachael Hamilton, Conservative Regional MSP for South Scotland, resigned from the parliament.
- Greater London Assembly – Jennette Arnold became chair of the Assembly, and Tony Arbour became deputy
- National Association of Head Teachers – Paul Whiteman to succeed Russell Hobby as general secretary.
- ITV – Adam Crozier to step down as chief executive.
- Lepra – Geoff Prescott joined as chief executive.
- Advance – Niki Scordi appointed as chief executive, replacing Anna Smith. Christine Losecaat appointed as chair.
- Youth Hostels Association – James Bto join as chief executive in the summer.
- Perennial – Peter Newman to replace Richard Capewell as chief executive.
- Grayling UK – Sarah Scholefield promoted to become chief executive.
Request is a first in providing statutory cover for Brexit outlay ahead of EU-exit...
The coalition government beefed up the role of departmental non-executives, and have encouraged...
Public Accounts Committee warns “a lot at stake” with Carrier Strike programme
Next stage in HMCTS modernisation programme could see eight closures
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...
TCS is keen to contribute to the topic of successful partnerships between the public and private...