Latest civil service & public affairs moves — November 5
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
House of Commons
- Transport Committee – Ruth Cadbury replaced Luke Pollard as a member.
- Treasury Committee – Colin Clark replaced Alister Jack as a member.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: Tracey Crouch resigned as parliamentary under-secretary of state for Sport and Civil Society. Ofcom – Sophie Morgan appointed to the Content Board.
- Ministry of Justice: Parole Board – Carole Corby becamecChair, having been in the role on an interim basis.
- Department for Transport: Accident Investigation Branches: Tri-Branch Management Board – Richard Frank Garwood appointed as chair.
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy: Met Office Board – Hunada Nouss appointed as a non-executive director. Financial Reporting Council – Stephen Haddrill to step down as chief executive in late 2019.
- Department for Education: Social Mobility Commission - Alastair da Costa, Liz Williams, Farrah Storr, Harvey Matthewson, Jessica Oghenegweke, Jody Walker, Pippa Dunn, Saeed Atcha, Sam Friedman, Sammy Wright, Sandra Wallace and Steven Cooper appointed as social mobility commissioners.
- Department for International Trade: UK Trade Remedies Authority – Claire Basset appointed as chief executive and David Wright as chair for forthcoming new body.
- Crown Prosecution Service – Max Hill took up the role of director of public prosecutions.
- HM Revenue & Customs – Alan Evans appointed as general counsel and solicitor, starting in January 2019.
- Scottish Parliament: Public Audit and Post-Legislative Scrutiny Committee – Anas Sarwar replaced Iain Gray as a member. Education and Skills Committee – Iain Gray replaced Mary Fee as a member. Delegated Powers and Law Reform Committee – Mary Fee replaced Neil Findlay as a member. Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform Committee – Rhoda Grant replaced Alex Rowley as a member.
- Welsh Government: Welsh Food Advisory Committee – Philip Hollington and Rebecca Lyne-Pirkis appointed as members. Natural Resources Wales – Catherine Brown, Steve Ormerod, Julia Cherrett, Rosie Plummer and Peter Rigby appointed as members of the board.
- Lewisham Council – Ian Thomas to stand down as chief executive at the end of the year.
- North Somerset Council – Jo Walker to become chief executive in January, replacing Helen Bailey.
- By-election Results 1st November: Kirklees Council – Will Simpson elected for Denby Dale – Labour gain from Conservative (Billy Jewitt resigned). South Gloucestershire Council – Louise Harris elected for Dodington – Liberal Democrat hold (Gloria Stephen died). Newham Council – Moniba Khan elected for Boleyn – Labour hold (Veronica Oakeshott resigned).
- Social Enterprise Scotland – Chris Martin to become chief executive.
- Marie Curie – Matthew Reed appointed chief executiveutive, replacing Jane Collins in 2019.
- NPC - Vaughan Lindsay to replace Richard Atterbury in early 2019.
Has the age of Twitter changed the Foreign Office – or just what we expect from documentaries?...
Public Accounts Committee questions Gareth Davies about his time as a board member when Haiti...
IfG session also hears from Lord Robin Butler that internal competition has made managers “...
Annual report flags hike in numbers but shows many ministries come up short
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...
TCS is keen to contribute to the topic of successful partnerships between the public and private...