Latest civil service & public affairs moves — September 4
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Department for Transport: Highways England – Colin Matthews has been reappointed as chair.
- HM Treasury: Prudential Regulation Committee – Sandra Boss and Mark Yallop reappointed as external members.
- Ministry of Defence: Aircraft Carrier Alliance – Sir Simon Lister to become managing director.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office – Ben Merrick appointed director, overseas territories and also commissioner of the British Antarctic Territory and commissioner of the British Indian Ocean Territory.
- Scottish Labour Party – Kezia Dugdale stood down as leader, Alex Rowley is in the role as acting leader.
- Labour Party – Dawn Butler appointed as shadow minister for women and equalities, replacing Sarah Champion, and is expected to continue as shadow minister for diverse communities.
- Scottish government: Strategic Board for Enterprise and Skills – Nora Senior to become chair.
- Northern Ireland government: Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission – Helen Ferguson, Helena Macormac, Paul Mageean, Samuel John McCallister, Edmond Rooney and Graham Shields will replace Christine Collins, John Corey, Milton Kerr, Grainia Long, Alan McBride, Marion Reynolds and Paul Yam as commissioners.
- Wokingham Borough council – Majeet Gill appointed as chief executive, replacing Andy Couldrick.
- By-election result 29 August: Scarborough council – Marion Watson elected for Mulgrave – Conservative hold.
- By-election result 31 August: North Somerset council – Denise Hunt elected for Weston-super-Mare North Worle – Labour gain from North Somerset First.
- FDI General Assembly – Susie Sanderson elected as speaker.
- Burson Marsteller – Meg Powell Chandler became a director.
- Portland – Will Tanner, Nick Hargrave and Laura Trott appointed as chief policy adviser, corporate director and partner.
- FTI Consulting – Gemma Doyle, Tom Burton and Mike Archer to join as senior director, senior director and director.
- Expedia – Mark Okerstrom to replace Dara Khosrowshahi as chief executive.
Request is a first in providing statutory cover for Brexit outlay ahead of EU-exit...
The coalition government beefed up the role of departmental non-executives, and have encouraged...
Public Accounts Committee warns “a lot at stake” with Carrier Strike programme
Next stage in HMCTS modernisation programme could see eight closures
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...
TCS is keen to contribute to the topic of successful partnerships between the public and private...