Sign up here to recieve Dods People Moves briefing in your email inbox every week
- Department for Health and Social Care – Nadine Dorries promoted to become minister of state (formerly parliamentary under-secretary of state for patient safety, suicide prevention and mental health).
- Department for International Trade – Conor Burns resigned as minister of state for trade policy. Ranil Jayawardena appointed as parliamentary under-secretary of state.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Natural England – Marian Spain named as chief executive, having been in the role on an interim basis.
- Department for Transport: Civil Aviation Authority – Stephen Hillier to become chair from August.
- HM Revenue and Customs – Katherine Green and Sophie Dean appointed as shared director general for borders and trade, having been in the role on an interim basis.
- Northern Ireland Assembly – John Dallat, SDLP MLA for East Londonderry, passed away. Executive Office Committee – Doug Beattie replaced Mike Nesbitt as deputy chair.
- Scottish Parliament: Finance and Constitution Committee – Jackie Baillie replaced Neil Bibby as a member. Economy, Energy and Fair Work Committee – Rhoda Grant replaced Jackie Baillie as a member.
- Guildford Borough Council – Caroline Reeves to stand down as leader in September.
House of Lords
- Baroness Byford (Conservative, life peer) retired on 5 May.
- EU Goods Sub-committee – Lord Inglewood appointed as a member.
House of Commons
- Scottish Affairs Committee – Mhairi Black, Andrew Bowie, Deidre Brock, Wendy Chamberlain, Alberto Costa, Jon Cruddas, David Duguid, Sally-Ann Hart, John Lamont and Liz Twist appointed as members.
- Labour Party – Jennie Formby resigned as general secretary. Paul Ovenden appointed as deputy director of communications.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- WasteAid – Ceris Turner-Bailes appointed as chief executive.
- Thames Water – Sarah Bentley to become chief executive.
- GMB Union: Tim Roache has resigned as general secretary.
- British Retail Consortium: Tony DeNunzio will succeed Richard Pennycook as chair on 20 May.
- National Association of Care and Support Workers: Sabina Kelly replaced Karolina Gerlich as chief executive officer on 28 April.
- Royal Statistical Society: Stian Westlake appointed as chief executive, replacing Nicola Emmerson who has been in the role on an interim basis.
- Birmingham University: Professor Stephen Jarvis appointed as pro-vice-chancellor and head of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences.
- Evening Standard: Mike Soutar to stand down as chief executive at the end of May.