Sign up here to recieve Dods People Moves briefing in your email inbox every week
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy: Paul Uppal has stepped down as small business commissioner.; HM Land Registry – Simon Hayes has been appointed as the new chief executive.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Jon Lambe has been appointed as the United Kingdom Ambassador to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in Jakarta, in succession to Moazzam Malik CMG.
- Cabinet Office: Government Property Agency – Newcastle City Council chief executive Pat Ritchie has been appointed as chair for a four-year term.
- Home Office: Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs – Dr Owen Boden-Jones has been reappointed as Chair. The three-year term starts on the 1 January 2020.
- HM Revenue and Customs: Melissa Tatton has been appointed as the new Tax Assurance Commissioner.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: Wallace Collection – Antonio Horta-Osorio has been reappointed as chair. The term begins on 1 January 2020; Reviewing Committee on the Export of Works of Art – Christopher Baker and Stuart Lochhead have been appointed as members for a four-year term, beginning on the 1 October 2019; Historic England Board – Sandie Dawe has been appointed as Commissioner for a four-year term from the 1 January 2020.
- Ministry of Defence: Defence Science and Technology Laboratory – Simon Devonshire OBE has been appointed as the new Chairman.
- Competition and Markets Authority – Stuart Hudson has been appointed to the newly-created role of senior director for strategy, communications, nations and regions.
House of Commons
- Ugbana Oyet has been announced as the new Serjeant at Arms.
- Speaker’s Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (SCIPSA): Peter Blausten appointed as new lay member. The term begins in January 2020
House of Lords
- Four new peers introduced into the House of Lords this week – Baroness Bennett of Manor Castle (Green), Lord Brownlow of Shurlock Row (Conservative), Lord Barwell (Conservative) and Lord Davies of Gower (Conservative).
Northern Ireland Executive
- Criminal Justice Inspection Northern Ireland: Jacqui Durkin has been appointed as chief inspector Brendan McGuigan’s successor from the 30 November 2019.
- Dover District Council: Keith Morris has resigned as council leader.
- Kent County Council: Roger Gough replaces Paul Carter as council leader.
- Thanet Council: Rick Everitt replaces Bob Brayford as council leader.
- Anglesey Council: Annwen Morgan has replaced Gwynne Jones as chief executive.
- By-election Results 17 October: North Yorkshire County Council – Yvonne Peacock elected for Upper Dales – Conservative gain (caused by the death of Independent councillor John Blackie); Richmondshire District Council – Jill McMullon elected for Hawes, High Abbotside and Upper Swaledale – Independent hold (caused by the death of Independent councillor John Blackie); Liverpool CIty Council – Joanne Anderson elected for Princes Park – Labour hold (caused by the resignation of Labour councillor Timothy Moore); Gravesham Borough Council – Helen Ashenden elected for Westcourt – Conservative gain (caused by the death of Labour councillor Ruth Martin).