Latest civil service & public affairs moves — April 6
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Cabinet Office – Ian Cheshire stood down as lead non-executive director for the Cabinet Office. Alex Chisholm named as the new permanent secretary and chief operating officer for the civiervice.
- MI5 – Ken McCallum to replace Andrew Parker as director general at the end of April..
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: Horserace Betting Levy Board – Paul Darling appointed as chair, Anne Lambert appointed as a member.
- Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government – Jeremy Pocklington named as the new permanent secretary, having been in the role on an interim basis.
- Treasury: Bank of England Monetary Policy Committee – Silvana Tenreyro reappointed as an external member.
- Department of Health and Social Care: NHS Property Services – Martin Steele named as the acting chief executive.
House of Lords
- Lord Gordon of Strathblane (Labour, life peer) died on 31 March.
- Lord Brookman (Labour, life peer) retired from the House of Lords on 2 April.
- Northern Ireland Assembly: Public Accounts Committee – Andrew Muir replaced Trevor Lunn as a member. Ad Hoc Committee on the COVID-19 response – Keith Buchanan, John O’Dowd, Dolores Kelly, Robbie Butler, Kellie Armstrong and Clare Bailey appointed as members of the new committee.
- Scottish Parliament – Lewis Macdonald elected as an additional deputy presiding officer for the duration of the public response to the novel coronavirus Covid-19 pandemic.
- Northern Ireland Government: Northern Ireland Water Board – Len O'Hagan reappointed as chair. Agricultural Wages Board – Patricia O'Callaghan reappointed as an independent member.
- Birmingham City Council – Chris Naylor to become interim chief executive.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- Survation – Carl Shoben to become Director of Strategic Communications.
- Farm Africa – Dan Collison appointed as chief executive.
- The Vision Foundation – Judith Brodie named as interim chief executive.
- Protect – Liz Gardiner named as chief executive, having been in the role on an interim basis.
- Royal Society for Public Health – Christina Marriott to replace Shirley Cramer as chief executive in May.
Work and pensions secretary says that department will look to increase work coach numbers to...
Jenrick says government needs the backing of people "most affected by" its response to...
Reorganisation comes after Simon Case returns to civil service as No.10 perm sec
PAC says Get Ready for Brexit campaign did not inspire confidence, and UK now faces "two...
How can local authorities and government departments ensure that civil servants are able to...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...