Latest civil service & public affairs moves — March 23
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Gerald Grimstone appointed as a Minister of State at the Department for International trade and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
- Stephen Greenhalgh appointed as a Minister of State at the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government and the Home Office.
- Ministry of Justice: Children and Family Court Support Service - Helen Jones, Eileen Munro and Rohan Sivanandan have been appointed as members of the board.
- Department for Health and Social Care: National Institute for Health and Care Excellence - Gillian Leng appointed as chief executive, replacing Andrew Dillon on 1 April.
- Home Office: Matthew Rycroft became permanent secretary, replacing Shona Dunn who had been in the role on an interim basis; Migration Advisory Committee – Brian Bell became interim chair.
- Department for International Development: Nick Dyer replaced Matthew Rycroft as permanent secretary on an interim basis.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board – Nicholas Saphir appointed as Chair from April, replacing Peter Kendall.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: British Film Institute - Pat Butler reappointed as governor; Horseracing Betting Levy Board – Lord Risby reappointed as a board member.
- Department for Education: Student Loans Company - Peter Lauener appointed as Chair, replacing Andrew Wathey who was in the role on an interim basis.
- Department for Transport: Network Rail - Charlene Wallace joined Director for National Passenger and Customer Experience.
- Welsh Assembly: Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee - Helen Mary Jones replaced Bethan Sayed as Chair on a temporary basis.
- Scottish Parliament: Justice Sub-committee on Policing - Shona Robison replaced Jenny Gilruth as a member.
- Northern Ireland Assembly: Committee for Health - Pat Sheehan replaced Jemma Dolan; Committee for Justice - Jemma Dolan replaced Pat Sheehan.
- Northern Ireland Government: South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust Board - Maura Briscoe and Maynard Mawhinney reappointed as Non-executive Lay Directors, and Noel Brady as a Non-executive Finance Director.
- Welsh Government: National Infrastructure Commission for Wales - John Lloyd Jones to continue as interim Chair.
- By-election Result 19 March: Coventry council – Gurdev Singh Hayre elected for Upper Stoke – Labour hold (caused by the death of Sucha Singh Bains).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- HSBC: Noel Quinn appointed as Chief Executive, having been in the role on an interim basis.
Perm sec says demand levels mean policy changes such as cutting five-week payment...
PM says he will continue to lead the national fight-back against coronavirus "thanks to the...
Coronavirus: HMRC ‘working urgently’ to implement self-employed support as Sunak unveils £9bn package
Chancellor hints at changes to the way the self-employed are taxed once crisis is over to ensure...
Delayed results of sentiment poll paint broad picture of ongoing improvement
How can local authorities and government departments ensure that civil servants are able to...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...