Latest civil service & public affairs moves — November 25
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Solicitors in the Supreme Courts of Scotland (Amendment) Bill Committee – Daniel Johnson replaced Monica Lennon as a member.
- Scottish Forestry: David Signorini to replace Jo O’Hara as chief executive in mid-December.
- Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales: John Bader appointed as chair, Claire Sharp and Joe Stockley appointed as members.
- Orkney Islands Council: Alistair Buchan retired as chief executive.
- Newport City Council: Jane Mudd elected as leader of the council.
- Stoke-on-Trent City Council: Jon Rouse to become city director.
- Caerphilly County Borough Council: Philippa Marsden elected as leader of the council.
- Norwich City Council: Stephen Evans named as the preferred candidate for chief executive.
- By-election Results 21 November: West Sussex county council – Mike Magill elected for Bourne – Conservative hold (caused by the resignation of elected Conservative, sitting Brexit party councillor Viral Parikh); Chichester council – Janet Duncton elected for Loxwood – Conservative gain (caused by the resignation of elected Liberal Democrat, sitting Green Party councillor Natalie Hume); Cardiff council – Sian-Elin Melbourne elected for Llanishen – Conservative gain (caused by the resignation of Labour councillor Phil Bale); West Lancashire council – Sue Gregson elected for Birch Green - Labour hold (caused by the resignation of Labour councillor Claire Cooper); Moray council – Laura Powell elected for Keith and Cullen – Conservative gain (caused by the resignation of Independent councillor Ron Shepherd)l Aberdeen council – Audrey Nicoll elected for Torry/Ferryhill – Scottish National Party hold (caused by the resignation of Scottish National Party councillor Catriona Mackenzie).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- Board of Deputies of British Jews: Daniel Sugarman appointed as public affairs officer.
- Coca-Cola GB: Joel Morris standing down as director of public affairs, communications and sustainability.
- London Plus: Martin Brookes to become Chief Executive in December.
- Outward Bound Trust: Prince Andrew stood down as patron.
- Young Enterprise: Sharon Davies became chief executive.
- Christians Against Poverty: Matt Barlow to stand down as chief executive next year and will be replaced by Paula Stringer.
- Alzheimer’s Research UK: Jonathan Schott appointed as the first chief medical officer.
- Office: Lorenzo Moretti stood down as chief executive and was replaced by Kerry Van der Merwe as interim managing director.
- Land Securities: Mark Allan replaced Robert Noel as chief executive.
- Costa Coffee: Jill McDonald appointed as chief executive.
Cabinet secretary says greater use of automation will allow for better rates
High Court move will challenge government’s failure to reduce contributions following...
“EU Exit is a big thing and it creates pressures that weren’t there before”, the civil service’s...
Appointments suggest "fuller merger at later date", IfG senior fellow says
How can local authorities and government departments ensure that civil servants are able to...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...