Latest civil service & public affairs moves — April 12
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Cabinet Office: Sue Gray to become second permanent secretary later this month.
- HM Treasury: Financial Policy Committee - Carolyn Wilkins appointed as an external member.
- Home Office: Chloe Squires appointed as director general for homeland security, replacing Tom Hurd; Commission for Countering Extremism - Robin Simcox appointed as Interim Lead Commissioner, replacing Sara Khan.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: Science Museum Group - Brian Cantor and Lopa Patel reappointed as trustees.
- Department for Education: Shelagh Legrave appointed as further education commissioner from October, Frances Wadsworth who will be in the role on an interim basis until then having replaced Richard Atkins.
- Ministry of Defence: Defence Science and Technology Laboratory - Gary Aitkenhead stood down as chief executive, Doug Umbers to take the role on an interim basis.
- Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government: Alison Nimmo and Jeffrey Dodds named as non-executive directors; Sara Khan appointed as independent adviser for social cohesion and resilience.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Marine Management Organisation – Hilary Florek reappointed as chair.
- Department for Transport: Highways England - Lawrence Gosden appointed as a non-executive director.
- Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office: Laure Beaufils has been appointed Her Majesty's ambassador to the Republic of the Philippines and Her Majesty's non-resident ambassador to the Republic of Palau in succession to Daniel Pruce from August.
- West Northamptonshire Council: the new council officially started on 1st April with Anna Earnshaw as chief executive and Ian McCord as leader of the Council.
- North Northamptonshire Council: the new council officially started on 1st April with Rob Bridge as chief executive and Russell Roberts as leader of the council.
- Denbighshire Council: Judith Greenhalgh stood down as chief executive.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marie Curie – Tiffany Willcox appointed as chief technology officer, Amanda Oakley Smith appointed as chief financial officer.
- Changing Faces: Heather Blake appointed as chief executive, replacing Becky Hewitt on 17 May.
- Nuclear Industry Association: Jasbir Sidhu named as president-elect, taking over from Gwen Parry-Jones in January.
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers: Alice Bunn to replace Colin Brown as chief executive.