Latest civil service & public affairs moves — November 16
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Number 10: Dominic Cummings to leave role as Adviser to the Prime Minister by the end of the year; James Slack to replace Lee Cain as Director of Communications next month.
- Government Equalities Office: Equality and Human Rights Commission - Jessica Butcher, David Goodhart, Su-Mei Thompson and Lord Ribiero appointed as Commissioners.
- Foreign, Commonwealth and Development OfficeL: Jonny Baxter has been appointed Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Republic of South Sudan in succession to Christopher Trott; Anne-Marie Trevelyan appointed as the UK’s International Champion on Adaptation and Resilience for the COP26 Presidency.
- Ministry of Justice: Independent Monitoring Authority for the Citizens' Rights Agreements – Ashley Fox named as the preferred candidate for chair.
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy: Nuclear Decommissioning Authority - Francis Livens to join the board.
- Devolved authorities
- Northern Ireland Assembly: Nicola Brogan to become the new Sinn Féin MLA for West Tyrone, replacing Catherine Kelly after she resigned.
- Northern Ireland Government: Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland – Patrick Murphy and Colleen Duffy reappointed as members.
- Welsh Parliament: Standards of Conduct Committee - David Rowlands appointed as a member; External Affairs and Additional Legislation Committee – David Rowlands appointed as a member; Llywydd’s Committee – David Rowlands appointed as a member; Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee – Mandy Jones appointed as a member.
- Welsh Government: Creative Wales - Catryn Ramasut named as chair of the board and David Banner, Garffild Lloyd Lewis, Helgard Krause, Siân Gale, Richie Turner and Phil Henfrey named as members.
House of Commons
- Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee - Heather Wheeler replaced Philip Davies as a member.
- International Trade Committee - Anthony Mangnall replaced Robert Courts as a member.
- Public Accounts Committee - Shaun Bailey replaced Gagan Mohindra as a member.
- Joint Committee on the Fixed Term Parliament Act - Aaron Bell, Chris Bryant, Jackie Doyle-Price, Angela Eagle, Maria Eagle, Peter Gibson, Robert Goodwill, David Linden, Alan Mak, Maria Miller, John Spellar, Alexander Stafford, Shailesh Vara and Craig Whittaker appointed as members of this new committee.
- By-election 12th NovemberL Edinburgh City Council – Ethan Young elected for Craigentinny/Duddingston – SNP hold (due to resignation of Ian Campbell).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- British Gymnastics: Alastair Marks to replace Jane Allen on an interim basis as chief executive
- Leonard Cheshire: Ruth Owen to become chief executive in February.
- Whizz-Kidz: Ruth Owen to stand down as chief executive.
- British Cycling: Brian Facer to become chief executive in January, replacing Julie Harrington.