- Ministerial change: Rt Hon Lord Maude of Horsham has announced he will resign as Minister of State for Trade and Investment (Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) with effect from 11 March. Mark Price CVO has been appointed to replace Lord Maude from April 2016. Rt Hon Baroness Anelay of St John’s DBE will cover the role until Mark Price has received his peerage and taken up the appointment.
- Prime Minister’s Office: UK Delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe – Dawn Butler and Paula Sherriff appointed members in place of Kate Osamor and Christina Rees. Paul Flynn appointed a substitute member.
- Attorney General’s Office: Serious Fraud Office – Director, David Green CB QC, has had his contract extended by two years.
- Cabinet Office: Government Digital Service Advisory Board appointed - Chair, Stephen Foreshew-Cain; Members: Richard Allan, Dr Sue Black OBE, Joanne Hannaford, Hermann Hauser KBE, Brent Hoberman, Saul Klein, Baroness Lane-Fox, Brian McBride, Herman Narula, Sir Nigel Shadbolt, Monique Shivanandan, Wendy Tan White, Vanessa Vallely.
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills: Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council – Professor Melanie Welham appointed interim Chief Executive; Women on Boards Review – Sir Philip Hampton appointed Chair and Dame Helen Alexander appointed Deputy Chair.
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport: Imperial War Museum – Tim Marlow and Paul Potts CBE appointed Trustees.
- Department for Transport: Tricia Hayes has been appointed the new Director-General of Roads, Devolution and Motoring from March 2016.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Sally Axworthy MBE has been appointed Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Holy See, and will take up her appointment during August 2016; Sarah Cooke has been appointed British High Commissioner to the United Republic of Tanzania, and will take up her appointment during July 2016; Fergus Cochrane-Dyet OBE has been appointed British High Commissioner to the Republic of Zambia, and will take up his appointment during April 2016.
House of Commons
- Committees on Arms Export Controls: Chris White elected Chair; Members – Crispin Blunt, Douglas Chapman, Ann Clwyd, Stephen Doughty, Nigel Evans, Helen Grant, Jeremy Lefroy, Dr Julian Lewis, Amanda Milling, Wendy Morton, Jim Shannon, Virendra Sharma, John Spellar, Michelle Thomson, Iain Wright.
- Environmental Audit Committee: Mary Creagh elected Chair.
- International Development Committee: Fabian Hamilton discharged, Stephen Doughty added.
- Selection Committee: Heidi Alexander discharged, Jessica Morden added.
- Liaison Committee: Mary Creagh added.
House of Lords
- Baroness D’Souza will not seek re-election at the speakership election, to be held on 15 July.
- Baroness Paisley of St George's (DUP, life peer) started a leave of absence on 9 February.
- Lord Dixon (Labour, life peer) retired on 9 February.
- Baroness Williams of Crosby (Lib Dem, life peer) retired 11 February.
- Baroness Linklater of Butterstone (Lib Dem, life peer) retired 12 February.
The Green Party has announced its 2016-2017 spokespeople:
- Leader: Natalie Bennett
- Economy and Finance: Molly Scott Cato MEP
- Migration: Jean Lambert MEP
- Work and Pensions: Jonathan Bartley
- Local Government: Tony Dyer
- Transport: Cllr Caroline Russell
- Energy: Cllr Andrew Cooper
- Animals: Keith Taylor MEP
- Science and Technology: Esther Obiri-Darko
- Environment and Climate Change: Caroline Lucas MP
- Home Affairs: Shahrar Ali, Deputy Leader
- Justice: Charley Pattison
- Health: Larry Sanders
- Business, Innovation and Skills: Rachel Collinson
- Culture, Media and Sport: Amelia Womack, Deputy Leader
- Peace and Defence: Rebecca Johnson
- Disability: Mags Lewis
- Education: Vix Lowthion
- International Development: Elaha Walizadeh
- Agriculture: Oliver Dowding
- Equalities (Women): Sarah Cope
- Equalities (LGBTIQ): Aimee Challenor
- Equalities (POC): Rashid Nix
- Housing: Samir Jarej
- Member of House of Lords: Baroness Jenny Jones
- Welsh Leader: Alice Hooker-Stroud
- Scotland: Judicial Appointments Board for Scotland – Neelam Bakshi appointed Lay Member.
- Wales: National Independent Safeguarding Board – Dr Margaret Flynn appointed chair; Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales – Roger Symonds and Sarah Willey appointed members.
- London: Mayor of London’s Office – Daniel Moylan appointed Interim Chair of Crossrail 2 Limited.
- British Athletics – Sally Bolton has left her post as Managing Director;
- Waste and Resources Action Programme – Dr Liz Goodwin will be stepping down as CEO on 30 June.
More on HR, Skills & Personal Development
Leadership: finding and nurturing future civil service talent