- Department for Education/Department of Health – DfE Permanent Secretary Chris Wormald to succeed Dame Una O'Brien as DH Permanent Secretary in April.
- Department for Communities and Local Government: Homes and Communities Agency – Andy Rose to stand down as Chief Executive in April.
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport: Heritage Lottery Fund: Neil Cossons appointed as Trustee; Theatres Trust – Patrick Dillon and Richard Baldwin appointed as members.
- Office of Communications: Ben Verwaayen and Bill Emmott joined the board as non-executive members.
- HM Revenue & Customs: Lin Homer to stand down as Chief Executive and Permanent Secretary in April.
- Catherine McKinnell resigned as Shadow Attorney General
- Karl Turner appointed as Shadow Attorney General
- Jo Stevens appointed as Shadow Solicitor General
- Imran Hussain appointed as Shadow Minister, Department for International Development
- Kate Osamor appointed as Shadow Minister, Women and Equalities
- Thangam Debbonaire appointed as Shadow Minister, Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- Dave Anderson appointed as a Whip.
- Scotland: Richard Baker (Labour, North East Scotland) stood down as MSP, and was replaced by Lesley Brennan.
- Wales: Standards of Conduct Committee – John Griffiths appointed as Chair; Jeff Cuthbert appointed as member.
- Northern Ireland: Peter Robinson stood down as First Minister, replaced by Arlene Foster; Mervyn Storey appointed as Minister for Finance and Personnel; Lord Morrow appointed as Minister for Social Development; Gerard Diver replaced Pat Ramsey as SDLP MLA for Foyle; Danoel McCrossan replaced Joe Byrne as SDLP MLA for West Tyrone; Neil Somerville, UUP MLA for Fermanagh and South Tyrone, is to stand down and be replaced by the end of January;
- Lewes District Council – Robert Cottrill named as the new Chief Executive, sharing with his current role in Eastbourne Borough Council; Essex Council – Gavin Jones to become the Chief Executive; Havering Council – Cheryl Coppell to retire as Chief Executive later this year.
Industry & interest groups
- Chartered Insurance Institute – Sian Fisher appointed Chief Executive.
- British Association of Social Workers – Ruth Allen to become Chief Executive in April.
- Liberty – Shami Chakrabarti to stand down as Director.
- Save the Children International – Helle Thorning-Schmidt announced as new Chief Executive, replacing Jasmine Whitbread.
- Save the Children UK – Tanya Steele appointed interim Director.
More on HR, Skills & Personal Development
Leadership: finding and nurturing future civil service talent