Sign up here to recieve Dods People Moves briefing in your email inbox every week
Houses of Parliament
House of Lords
- Lord Darroch of Kew (crossbench) and Lord Reed of Allermuir (non-affiliated) were introduced to the House of Lords.
- Lord Vallance of Tummel (Liberal Democrat, life peer) retired from the House of Lords on 13 January.
- Earl Howe appointed as spokesperson for Cabinet Office.
- Earl of Courtown appointed as spokesperson for international trade and Treasury.
House of Commons
- Scott Mann was named as the PPS to Gavin Williamson as secretary of state for education.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Veterinary Products Committee – David Mackay, David Killick and Ronnie Soutar appointed as members.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office – Guy Warrington has been appointed Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Republic of Mali.
- Department for Transport: Traffic Commissioners – Gerallt Evans to become Traffic Commissioner for the North West of England and Victoria Davies to become Traffic Commissioner for Wales.
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy: Radioactive Waste Management – Karen Wheeler to become chief executive on 1 February.
- Northern Ireland Assembly – Arlene Foster appointed as first minister; Michelle O'Neill appointed as Deputy first minister; Edwin Poots appointed as minister for agriculture, environment and rural affairs; Deirdre Hargey appointed as minister for communities; Diane Dodds appointed as minister for the Economy; Peter Weir appointed as minister for education; Conor Murphy appointed as minister of finance; Robin Swann appointed as minister of health; Nichola Mallon appointed as minister for infrastructure; Naomi Long appointed as minister of justice; Gordon Lyons and Declan Kearney appointed as junior ministers in the Executive Office.
- Sheffield City Council – Julie Dore to stand down as leader in May.
- Gedling Council – Karen Bradford to stand down as chief executive.
- South Kesteven Council – Karen Bradford to become chief executive.
- Sandwell Council – David Stevens named as the chief executive, having been in the role on an interim basis.
- By-election Result 16 January: Bristol Council – Timothy Rippington elected for Brislington East – Labour hold (due to the death of Mike Langley).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Samaritans – Jeremy Hughes appointed as chief executive.
- NCT – Angela McConville named as chief executive.