Sign up here to recieve Dods People Moves briefing in your email inbox every week
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Gaenor Prest appointed HR director of Sellafield Ltd from June 2020.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Rhodri Williams appointed Chair of S4C on 1 April 2020 for four years; Paul Darling and Anne Lambert appointed as the Chair and an Independent Board Member of the Horserace Betting Levy Board on 1 April 2020 for four years.
- Department for Education Keith Smith appointed Director for Post-16 Strategy in April 2020; Peter Mucklow appointed Director of Apprenticeships at the Education and Skills Funding Agency in April 2020.
- Home Office Myrtle Lloyd appointed Registrar General for England and Wales on 1 April 2020; David Bolt, the current Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration, has agreed to extend his term until October 2020.
- Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government Chris Townsend appointed Chief Executive of the Shielding Programme (to protect those at highest risk from coronavirus) on 14 April 2020.
- Ministry of Justice James Hayward appointed Non-Executive Director to the Gov Facility Services Limited on 1 April 2020 for three years; Keith Fraser appointed Chair of the Youth Justice Board for England and Wales on 14 April 2020 for three years.
- HM Treasury Bernadette Conroy appointed Non-Executive Director to the Financial Conduct Authority Board on 6 April 2020 for three years.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office Emily Maltman appointed Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Democratic Republic of the Congo in April 2020.
- Advertising Standards Authority Richard Lloyd, Krystle Fonyonga, Dr Rebecca Rumbul and Alison Hastings appointed Council Members in April 2020.
House of Lords
Lord Armstrong of Ilminster (Crossbench, life peer) died 3 April 2020.
A life peerage was conferred on Sir Gerry Grimstone on 8 April 2020, he will be known as Lord Grimstone of Boscobel.
Scottish Government, Dr Catherine Calderwood resigned as Scotland’s Chief Medical Officer on 5 April 2020
Scottish Labour Party, Jackie Baillie elected as Deputy Leader on 3 April 2020.
- Surrey Heath Borough Council – Karen Whelan has resigned as Chief Executive.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- Corporates Legal & General Investment Management – Mark Cliff, Catherine Redmond and Robert Thomas appointed trustees of the Mastertrust Board on 5 April 2020. Mark Ashworth appointed a member of the Independent Governance Committee in April 2020.
- Trade Unions NASUWT – The Teachers’ Union – Michelle Codrington-Rogers appointed President and Dr Patrick Roach appointed General Secretary on 14 April 2020.
- Trade Association Royal Institute of British Architects – Sir Nigel Carrington, Jo Bacon, Valeria Passetti, Nicky Watson, Matt Jones, Murray Orr and Mary Anne Stevens appointed trustees on 9 April 2020.
Sir Keir Starmer elected as Leader on 4 April 2020. Carolyn Harris appointed as his PPS.
Angela Rayner elected as Deputy Leader on 4 April 2020; appointed Party Chair and Shadow First Secretary of State.
Anneliese Dodds appointed Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer.
Bridget Phillipson appointed Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury.
Shadow Ministers for Treasury:
Dan Carden (Financial Secretary)
Pat McFadden (Economic Secretary)
Wes Streeting (Exchequer Secretary)
Lisa Nandy appointed Shadow Foreign Secretary.
Shadow Ministers for Foreign and Commonwealth Office:
Wayne David (Middle East and North Africa)
Stephen Doughty (Africa – joint with DFID)
Stephen Kinnock (Asia and Pacific)
Catherine West (Europe and Americas)
Fabian Hamilton (Peace and Disarmament)
Nick Thomas-Symonds appointed Shadow Home Secretary.
Shadow Ministers for Home Office:
Bambos Charalambous (Crime Reduction and Courts)
Sarah Jones (Policing and the Fire Service)
Holly Lynch (Immigration)
Conor McGinn (Security)
Jess Phillips (Domestic Violence and Safeguarding)
Rachel Reeves appointed Shadow Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster.
Cat Smith re-appointed Shadow Minister for Young People and Voter Engagement.
Shadow Ministers for Cabinet Office:
Paul Blomfield (Brexit and EU negotiations – joint with International Trade)
Helen Hayes (Cabinet Office)
David Lammy appointed Shadow Secretary of State for Justice.
Shadow Ministers for Justice:
Lyn Brown (Prisons and Probation)
Alex Cunningham (Courts and sentencing)
Peter Kyle (Victims and Youth Justice)
Karl Turner (Legal Aid)
John Healey appointed Shadow Secretary of State for Defence.
Shadow Ministers for Defence:
Sharon Hodgson (Veterans)
Stephen Morgan (Armed Forces)
Khalid Mahmood (Procurement)
Ed Miliband appointed, Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
Shadow Ministers for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy:
Chi Onwurah (Science, Research and Digital – joint with DCMS)
Matthew Pennycook (Climate change)
Lucy Powell (Business and Consumers)
Alan Whitehead (Green New Deal and Energy)
Emily Thornberry appointed Shadow Secretary of State for International Trade.
Shadow Ministers for International Trade:
Paul Blomfield (joint with Cabinet Office)
Jonathan Reynolds appointed Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions.
Shadow Ministers for Work and Pensions:
Jack Dromey (Pensions)
Vicky Foxcroft (Disability)
Kate Green (Child Poverty Strategy)
Seema Malhotra (Employment)
Jonathan Ashworth re-appointed Shadow Secretary of State for Health and Social Care.
Rosena Allin-Khan appointed Shadow Minister for Mental Health.
Shadow Ministers for Health and Social Care:
Liz Kendall (Social Care)
Justin Madders (Public Health and Prevention)
Alex Norris (Public Health and Patient Safety)
Rebecca Long Bailey appointed Shadow Secretary of State for Education.
Shadow Ministers for Education:
Margaret Greenwood (Schools)
Emma Hardy (Further Education and Universities)
Toby Perkins (Apprenticeships and Lifelong Learning)
Tulip Siddiq (Children and Early Years)
Jo Stevens appointed Shadow Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.
Shadow Ministers for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport:
Tracy Brabin (Cultural Industries)
Rachel Maskell (Voluntary Sector and Charities)
Chris Matheson (Media)
Alison McGovern (Sport)
Chi Onwurah (Digital – joint with BEIS)
Alex Sobel (Tourism and Heritage)
Luke Pollard re-appointed Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
Shadow Ministers for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs:
Steph Peacock (Flooding)
Lloyd Russell-Moyle (Natural Environment and Air Quality)
Daniel Zeichner (Food, Farming and Fisheries)
Steve Reed appointed Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government.
Shadow Ministers for Communities and Local Government:
Janet Daby (Faiths)
Kate Hollern (Local Government)
Naz Shah (Community Cohesion)
Thangam Debbonaire appointed Shadow Secretary of State for Housing.
Shadow Minister for Housing:
Mike Amesbury (Housing and Planning)
Jim McMahon appointed Shadow Secretary of State for Transport.
Shadow Ministers for Transport:
Tan Dhesi (Railways)
Mike Kane (Regional Transport)
Kerry McCarthy (Green Transport and Aviation)
Matt Rodda (Buses)
Preet Kaur Gill appointed Shadow Secretary of State for International Development.
Shadow Ministers for International Development:
Stephen Doughty (joint with FCO)
Louise Haigh appointed Interim Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland.
Shadow Minister for Northern Ireland:
Ian Murray appointed Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland.
Shadow Minister for Scotland:
Chris Elmore (joint with whips office)
Nia Griffith appointed Shadow Secretary of State for Wales.
Shadow Minister for Wales:
Marsha de Cordova appointed Shadow Secretary of State for Women and Equalities Secretary.
Shadow Minister for Women and Equalities:
Andy McDonald appointed Shadow Secretary of State for Employment Rights and Protections.
Shadow Minister for Employment Rights and Protections:
Lord Falconer appointed Shadow Attorney General.
Shadow Solicitor General:
Valerie Vaz re-appointed Shadow Leader of the House of Commons.
Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons:
Nick Brown re-appointed Opposition Chief Whip.
Deputy Chief Whip: Alan Campbell
Pairing Whip: Mark Tami
Senior Whip: Jessica Morden
Whip: Chris Elmore
Baroness Smith of Basildon re-appointed Shadow Leader of the House of Lords.
Lord McAvoy re-appointed Lords’ Opposition Chief Whip.