Sign up here to recieve Dods People Moves briefing in your email inbox every week
- Ministry of Justice – Peter Clarke’s term of office as HM chief inspector of prisons, has been extended by up to six months, commencing 1 May 2020. Paul Smith has been appointed non-executiveboard member and chair of the Audit and Risk Committee.
House of Commons
- Election for the chairs of the Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (to replace Rachel Reeves who was appointed shadow chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster) and the Standards Committee (to replace Kate Green who was appointed shadow minister for child poverty strategy) will take place on 6 May 2020. Only members of the Labour Party may be candidates.
House of Lords
- Lord Alderdice, Lord Bates, Lord Duncan of Springbank, Lord McNicol of West Kilbride and Lord Russell of Liverpool appointed to the panel of members to act as deputy chairmen of committees for this session.
- Science and Technology Committee – Baroness Blackwood of North Oxford replaces Baroness Penn as a member.
- Scottish parliament: Covid-19 committee – Convener: tbc (will be a member of the Conservative Party). Deputy convener: tbc (will be a member of the Labour Party). Members: Willie Coffey, Annabelle Ewing, Shona Robison, Stewart Stevenson, Murdo Fraser, Adam Tomkins, Monica Lennon, Ross Greer, Beatrice Wishart.
- Northern Ireland Assembly: Audit Committee – Joanne Bunting appointed deputy chair.
- Labour Party – Baroness Lawrence of Clarendon appointed race relations adviser (leading a review into the impact of coronavirus on black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) communities). Marsha de Cordova appointed lead on equality and inclusion within the party. Tulip Siddiq appointed parliamentary lead (party development) (reporting to party chair). Sam Tarry appointed parliamentary lead (campaigns and organisation) (reporting to party chair).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- London Resilience Forum’s (LRF) COVID-19 Communication Group – Chris Webb appointed strategic communications lead.
- LGcomms – Alix Macfarlane appointed chair.