Sign up here to recieve Dods People Moves briefing in your email inbox every week
- Nicky Morgan reappointed as Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport in her new capacity as a member of the House of Lords.
- Simon Hart appointed as Secretary of State for Wales (formerly Parliamentary Secretary (Minister for Implementation), Cabinet Office).
- Anne-Marie Trevelyan appointed as Minister of State for the Armed Forces (formerly Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State (Defence Procurement), Ministry of Defence).
- James Heappey appointed as Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State (Minister for Defence Procurement) (formerly PPS to Boris Johnson as Prime Minister).
- Jeremy Quin appointed as Parliamentary Secretary, Cabinet Office (formerly Government Whip (Comptroller of HM Household)).
- David TC Davies appointed as Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State at the Wales Office and Assistant Government Whip.
- Kevin Foster appointed as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Home Office (formerly Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Wales Office and Assistant Whip).
- Robin Walker no longer Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Scotland Office (remains as Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Northern Ireland Office).
- Chris Philp appointed as Minister for London at the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (remains as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Ministry of Justice).
- Douglas Ross appointed as a Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Scotland Office and as a Government Whip (formerly Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Secretary of State for Scotland).
- Mike Freer appointed as Government Whip, Comptroller of HM Household (formerly Assistant Government Whip).
- Maria Caulfield appointed as an Assistant Government Whip (formerly Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Secretary of State for Transport).
- Iain Stewart appointed as Government Whip, Lord Commissioner of HM Treasury (formerly Assistant Whip).
Houses of Parliament
House of Lords
- Nicky Morgan given a peerage.
House of Commons
- 155 new MPs were elected, www.dodspeople.com has their biographical details and parliamentary email addresses.
- Ministry of Defence: UK Hydrographic Office - Peter Sparkes named as the UK national hydrographer and deputy chief executive.
- Department for Exiting the European Union: The department will be closed after 31 January.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Jon Wilks has been appointed Her Majesty's ambassador to the state of Qatar in succession to Ajay Sharma from February.
- Labour Party: Jeremy Corbyn to stand down as leader.
- Liberal Democrats: Jo Swinson stood down as leader, Ed Davey and Baroness Brinton to be joint interim leaders.
- Northern Ireland Government: Historic Monuments Council - Robert Colvin appointed as a member.
- Welsh Government: Local Democracy and Boundary Commission for Wales – Debra Williams appointed as chair.
- Scottish Parliament: Audit Scotland – Alan Alexander announced as the new chair from April.
- Greater London Authority: Susan Hall elected to replace Gareth Bacon as the Conservative leader in the assembly; Andy Roe appointed as London's Fire Commissioner from 1 January.
- East Lothian Council: Monica Patterson to replace Alex McCrorie as chief executive, he had been in the role on an interim basis.
- St Helens Council: Kath O’Dwyer has been officially appointed as the new chief executive, having been in the role on an interim basis.
- West Lindsey District Council: Ian Knowles to become chief executive.
- Derby City Council: Carole Mills to stand down as chief executive.
- By-election Results 12 December: Bury council – Dene John Vernon elected for Church – Conservative hold; Salford council – Damian Bailey elected for Pendlebury – Labour hold; Tameside metropolitan council – George Jones elected for Denton West – Labour hold; Liverpool city council – Calva Smeda elected for Picton - Labour hold; Liverpool city council – Tim Jeeves elected for Clubmoor – Labour hold; Lancaster city council – Andrew Gardiner elected for Overton – Conservative hold; Kirklees council – Donna Bellamy elected for Colne Valley – Conservative gain from Labour; Kirklees council – Eric Firth elected for Dewsbury East – Labour hold; Leeds council – Judith Richards elected for Wetherby – Conservative hold; City of Lincoln council – Mara Bill elected for Witham – Conservative hold; Boston borough council – Martin Howard elected for Skirbeck – Conservative hold; Boston borough council – Andrew Brown elected Kirton and Frampton – Conservative hold; Leicestershire county council – Leslie Phillimore elected for Cosby and Countesthorpe – Conservative hold; East Northamptonshire council – Bert Jackson elected for Higham Ferrers Chichele – Conservative hold; East Northamptonshire council – Peter Tomas elected for Higham Ferrers Lancaster – Conservative hold; Kettering council – James French elected for Desborough St Giles – Conservative hold; Newcastle-under-Lyme borough council – David Grocott elected for Holditch and Chesterton – Labour hold; Staffordshire county council – Richard Ford elected for Watling South - Conservative hold; Tamworth borough council - Steven Pritchard elected for Mercian - Conservative hold; Warwick district council – Jacqui Grey elected for Warwick Myton and Heathcote – Conservative hold; Flintshire council – Timothy Roberts elected for Trelawnyd and Gwaenysgor – Conservative hold; Exeter council – Keith Sparkes elected for Topsham – Conservative hold; King’s Lynn and West Norfolk council – Vivienne Spikings elected for Upwell and Delph – Conservative gain from Independent; Huntingdonshire council – Ian Gardener elected for Alconbury – Conservative hold; Reading council –Jenny Rynn elected for Kentwood – Conservative hold; Isle of Wight council – Richard Hollis elected for Newport West – Conservative hold; Horsham district council – James Wright elected for Storrington and Washington – Conservative hold; Worthing district council – Richard Nowak elected for Salvington – Conservative hold; Dover district council – Martin Bates elected for Guston, Kingsdown and St Margaret’s-at-Cliffe – Conservative hold; Hounslow council – Kuldeep Tak elected for Feltham North – Conservative gain from Labour; Heston West – Labour hold; Camden council – Gail Wood elected for Haverstock – Labour hold; Hackney council – Kofo David elected for Clissold – Labour hold; Islington council – Gulcin Ozdemir elected for St Georges – Labour hold.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Royal National Children’s SpringBoard Foundation: Ali Henderson to become chief executive on 1st March, replacing Ian Davenport.
- British Academy: Caroline Knowles appointed as the director of the Urban Infrastructures of Well-Being Programme.
- Alzheimer’s Society: Kate Lee to become chief executive in April.
- London TravelWatch: Emma Gibson to become director in the new year.
- Young Enterprise: Simon Lewis appointed as chair, replacing Grey Denham.
- NASUWT: Patrick Roach to become the general secretary.
- Channel 4: James MacLeod to become director of communications and corporate affairs.