Sign up here to recieve Dods People Moves briefing in your email inbox every week
- Cabinet Office: Geospatial Commission - Kate Barker, Kru Desai, Edwina Dunn and Steve Unger have been appointed as independent commissioners.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: Margot James MP has resigned as Minister for Digital and Creative Industries.
- Department for International Trade: Ian Austin MP has been appointed as the prime minister's trade envoy to Israel, and Lord Risby as prime minister's trade envoy to Lebanon.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Gideon Henderson will replace Ian Boyd as chief scientific adviser in October; Emily Miles to stand down as interim director-general for EU Exit Delivery.
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy: Financial Reporting Council – Jonathan Thompson to become chief executive in the autumn; Civil Nuclear Police Authority – Craig Mackey joined as an independent member.
House of Lords
- Democracy and Digital Technologies Committee: Baroness McGregor-Smith was appointed as a member, in place of Lord Dobbs.
- Electoral Registration and Administration Act 2013 Committee: Baroness Adams of Craigielea was appointed as a member, in place of Lord Morris of Aberavon.
- European Union Committee: Lord Lamont of Lerwick, Lord Morris of Aberavon and Lord Sharkey were appointed as members of the Select Committee, in place of Lord Polak, Lord Soley and Baroness Falkner of Margravine.
House of Commons
- Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee: Philip Davies replaced Rebecca Pow as a member.
- Environmental Audit Committee: Jeremy Lefroy replaced Dan Poulter as a member.
- Health and Social Care Committee: Anne Marie Morris replaced Martin Vickers as a member.
- Justice Committee: Andrew Griffiths replaced Kemi Badenoch as a member.
- Lewisham Council: Kim Wright will become the chief executive in October; Bromley Council: Ade Adetosoye confirmed as chief executive, having been in the role on an interim basis.
- By-election Results 16 July: Cardiff Council – Robert Hopkins elected for Cyncoed – Liberal Democrat hold (caused by the death of Liberal Democrat councillor Wendy Congreve).
- By-election Results 18 July: Ashford Council – Charles Dehnel elected for Downs North – Conservative hold (caused by the death of Conservative councillor Stephen Dehnel); Ceredigion Council – Matthew Woolfall Jones elected for Llanbadarn Fawr Sulien – Plaid Cymru hold (caused by the death of Plaid Cymru councillor Paul James); Daventry Council – Jonathan Harris elected for Brixworth – Liberal Democrat gain (caused by the resignation of Conservative councillor Fabienne Fraser-Allen); Richmond-upon-Thames Council – Julia Cambridge elected for East Sheen – Liberal Democrat hold (caused by the death of Liberal Democrat councillor Mona Adams); Wiltshire Council – Carole King elected for Westbury North – Liberal Democrat hold (caused by the resignation of Liberal Democrat councillor David Jenkins).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- London Waste and Recycling Board: James Close has been appointed as head of circular london.
- Save the Children International: Inger Ashing named as chief executive.
- National Autistic Society: Caroline Stevens to become chief executive in November.
- Become: Katherine Sacks-Jones appointed as chief executive.
- The Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust: Celia McKeon named as chief executive.
- Country Land and Business Association: Judicaelle Hammond to join as director of policy and advice and Jonathan Roberts as director of external affairs.
- The Post Office: Nick Read to replace Paula Vennells as chief executive in September.