Sign up here to recieve Dods People Moves briefing in your email inbox every week
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy: K Research and Innovation – Siobhan Peters appointed as chief finance officer.
- Ministry of Defence: Royal College of Defence Studies – Sir George Norton appointed as commandant from 21 July.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Historic Royal Palaces – Sue Wilkinson OBE re-appointed as trustee. Horniman Museum – Caroline Cole, Surojit Ghosh and Nico Lacuzzi re-appointed as trustees. National Museums Liverpool – Heather Blyth, Paul Eccleson, Rita Mclean and Tony Wilson appointed as trustees for three years. Isabel Chadwick appointed as finance trustee for four years.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Forestry Commission – Dr Hilary Allison, Professor Julian Evans and Sandy Storrie appointed as non-executive commissioners for three years.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office – Rena Lalgie appointed as governor of Bermuda from December 2020. John Virgoe appointed as high commissioner to Brunei Darussalam from August 2020. David Belgrove OBE appointed as high commissioner to The Gambia from July 2020. Neil Bradley appointed as ambassador to Liberia from July 2020. Karen Maddocks appointed as ambassador to Montenegro from August 2020.
- Department of Health and Social Care: Advisory Committee on Clinical Excellence Awards – Professor Kevin Davies appointed as medical director from 1 July for 3 years.
- Ministry of Justice: Civil Procedure Rule Committee – David Marshall appointed as a solicitor member.
House of Commons
- Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee – Mary Glindon discharged; Barry Gardiner added.
- Environmental Audit Committee – Kerry McCarthy discharged; Barry Gardiner added.
- International Trade Committee – Gareth Thomas discharged; Taiwo Owatemi added.
- Northern Ireland Affairs Committee – Karin Smyth discharged; Mary Foy added.
- Petitions Committee – Kerry McCarthy discharged; Tonia Antoniazzi added.
House of Lords
- The Archbishop of York retired on 7 June.
- Lord Malloch-Brown (crossbench) took a leave of absence from 9 June.
- Baroness Kennedy of Cradley has left the Labour group and now sits as non-affiliated.
- New COVID-19 Committee – Chair: Baroness Lane-Fox of Soho. Members: Lord Alderdice, Baroness Benjamin, Baroness Chisholm of Owlpen, Lord Duncan of Springbank, Lord Elder, Lord Hain, Lord Harris of Haringey, Baroness Jay of Paddington, Baroness Morgan of Cotes, Lord Pickles, Baroness Young of Hornsey
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- BBC – Tim Davie appointed as Director-General from 1st September.
- Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Council – Professor David Argyle appointed as junior vice-president from 10 July.
- Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors – Ann Allen appointed as chief executive from 1 August