Sign up here to recieve Dods People Moves briefing in your email inbox every week
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Mark Field, minister of state for Asia and the Pacific, has been suspended from the role; Jacqueline Perkins has been appointed Her Majesty’s ambassador to the Republic of Belarus; Judith Gough has been appointed Her Majesty’s ambassador to the Kingdom of Sweden in succession to David Cairns;
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Tamara Finkelstein named as the new Permanent Secretary, having been in the role on an interim basis; Royal Botanic Gardens Kew Board - Amelia Fawcett has been appointed as the chair of the board of trustees.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: British Library Board - Jana Bennett, Delroy Beverley, Laela Pakpour-Tabrizi, Jeremy Silver and Wei Yang named as trustees.
- Cabinet Office: Simon Gass has been appointed as Chair of the Joint Intelligence Committee, having been in the role on an interim basis; Geospatial Commission - Thalia Baldwin is to become the director from 1 August; Government Digital Service - Alison Pritchard to replace Kevin Cunnington as director general on an interim basis; International Government Service – Kevin Cunnington named as the first director general.
- Northern Ireland Office: Equality Commission for Northern Ireland - Geraldine McGahey is to be the new deputy chief commissioner and Neil Anderson, June Best, Theresa Donaldson, Hazel Francey, Stephen Mathews, Joe McVey, Dawn Purvis and Katy Radford will become commissioners.
- Food Standards Agency: Michael Walker appointed as an independent expert on the committee on toxicity.
- Scottish Government: Michelle Macleod has been appointed as the new police investigations and review commissioner, replacing Kate Frame on 17 August; Malcolm Wright has been appointed as chief executive of NHS Scotland and director general of health and social care, having been in the role on an interim basis.
- By-election Results 21 June: Neath Port Talbot Council – Jeremy Hurley elected for Pelenna – Independent gain from Independent. (Martin Ellis died); Wandsworth Council – Graham Loveland elected for Furzedown – Labour hold. (Candida Jones resigned); Merton Council – Jenifer Gould elected for Cannon Hill – Liberal Democrat gain from Labour. (Mark Kenny resigned); Isle of Wight Council – Stephen Hendry elected for Whippingham and Osborne – Conservative gain from Independent. (Julia Baker-Smith resigned).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- Interest Groups
- Independent Age: Deborah Alsina to become the chief executive in October.
- Cancer Research UK: Ed Aspel to stand down as executive director of fundraising and marketing.
- Association of Colleges: Steve Frampton was confirmed as the 2019/20 president.
- Confederation of British Industry: Lord Bilimoria of Chelsea was elected as CBI vice president.
- MillionPlus: Bill Rammell has been elected as chair.