Sign up here to recieve Dods People Moves briefing in your email inbox every week
- Prime Minister’s Office – Revd Canon Dr Amanda Ford appointed dean of Bristol, following the appointment of the Very Revd Dr David Hoyle MBE as dean of Westminster.
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy – Clive Dix appointed as deputy chair of the UK’s Vaccine Taskforce to help lead efforts to find and manufacture a coronavirus vaccine.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Natural England – Rosamund Blomfield-Smith, Kim Shillinglaw, Kerry ten Kate and Peter Unwin appointed non-executive members to the board for three years commencing 1 June.
- Department for International Trade – Alan Gemmell appointed HM trade commissioner for South Asia. John Edwards appointed HM trade commissioner for China and Hong Kong. Richard Burn temporarily appointed HM trade commissioner for Europe.
- Ministry of Justice: Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service – Sally Cheshire’s tenure as interim chair extended until 31 March 2021.
- Scotland Office – Iain Stewart MP appointed parliamentary under-secretary of state (Mmnister for Scotland). David Duguid MP appointed parliamentary under-secretary of state and government whip (Lord Commissioner of HM Treasury).
- HM Treasury: Office of Tax Simplification – Professor Judith Freedman CBE appointed to the board, in succession to Paul Johnson CBE.
- Department for Work and Pensions: Social Security Advisory Committee – Kayley Hignell appointed a member, Grainne McKeever re-appointed as a member for a second term and Jim McCormick’s current appointment extended to October 2020.
- Ofcom – Andrew Miller appointed non-executive director to the board of Channel 4 and chair of the channel's audit committee for a term of three years.
House of Lords
- Lord Rea (Labour, hereditary peer) died on 1 June. A by-election to the House of Lords will take place in due course.
- Baroness Howe of Idlicote (Crossbench, life peer) retired on 2 June.
- European Union Committee – Lord Goldsmith and Lord Thomas of Cwmgiedd replaced Lord Jay of Ewelme and Lord Morris of Aberavon as members.
- EU Environment Sub-Committee – Lord Cormack appointed a member.
- Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee – Lord Rennard replaced Lord Kirkwood of Kirkhope as a member.
House of Commons
- Neale Hanvey MP re-joined the Scottish National Party on 29 May.
- Northern Ireland Government: Consumer Council for Northern Ireland – June Butler, Gerry McCurdy and Alan O'Neill appointed members for a three-year period. Sheila McClelland (chair), Mick McAteer (deputy chair), Noyona Chundur, Lynne Crowther, Sinead Furey and Joan Martin re-appointed for a further three years.
- South Ayrshire Council – Douglas Campbell resigned as leader of the council.
- Labour Party – Rosie Duffield MP resigned as an opposition whip on 31 May.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- TheCityUK – former MP Emma Reynolds appointed managing director of public affairs, policy and research.