Sign up here to recieve Dods People Moves briefing in your email inbox every week
- Home Office: Christine Elliott appointed interim Chair of the College of Policing, replacing outgoing chair Millie Banerjee CBE.
- Cabinet Office: Lord Pickles has been announced as the government’s preferred candidate as the chair of the Advisory Committee on Business Appointments (ACOBA).
- Prime Minister’s Office:Reverend Doctor Andrew Neil Emerton is to succeed the Right Reverend Anthony Porter to the Suffragan See of Sherwood. Anthony Porter is due to retire on the 22 March.
- Ministry of Justice: Prison Service Pay Review Body – Andrew Dickerson and Paul West have been reappointed as members for three years, until 31 July 2022.
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy:Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem) – Barry Panayi to start role as non-executive director on 16 March.
- Northern Ireland Assembly: Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs Committee – Pat Catney replaced John Dallat as a member; Communities Committee – Fra McCann replaced Emma Sheerin as a member; Executive Office Committee – Martina Anderson replaced Fra McCann as a member; Justice Committee – Emma Rogan replaced Martina Anderson as a member.
- Northern Ireland Department of Justice: Northern Ireland Policing Board – Michael Atkinson, Janet Gray, Edgar Jardine, Carmel McKinney, Francis McManus and Deirdre Toner have been appointed as independent members, beginning on the 1 April 2020.
- Scottish Parliament: Public Audit and Post-legislative Scrutiny Committee – Neil Bibby appointed as a member; Audit Scotland – Stephen Boyle has been nominated to replace Caroline Gardner as Auditor General, when her term finishes at the end of June. The appointment is subject to the Queen’s formal appointment.
- High Peak Borough Council: Chief executive Simon Baker retired this week with immediate effect.
- Hartlepool Council: Chief executive Gill Alexander is to stand down later this year.
- By-election Result 10 March: Wiltshire council – Kevin Daley elected for Till and Wylye Valley – Conservative hold (caused by the resignation of Conservative councillor Darren Henry).
- By-election Results 12 March: Ashford council – Trish Cornish elected for Park Farm North – Ashford Independent gain (caused by the resignation of Conservative councillor Jo Gideon);South Somerset council – Ollie Patrick elected for Parrett – Liberal Democrat hold (caused by the resignation of Liberal Democrat councillor Tony Vaughan); Stratford-on-Avon council – Manuela Perteghella elected for Welford-on -Avon – Liberal Democrat gain (caused by the death of Independent councillor Peter Barnes); Highland council – Callum Munro elected for Eilean a’ Cheò – Independent gain (caused by the resignation of Independent councillor Ronald MacDonald).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- British Healthcare Trade Association: Dr Simon Festing has been appointed chief executive.
- Universities UK: Dr Tony Sewell CBE, Jatin Haria and Sandra Kerr CBE have been appointed as independent expert advisors.