Sign up here to recieve Dods People Moves briefing in your email inbox every week
- Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government: Lord Mann started work as an independent adviser on anti-semitism.
- HM Treasury: The Crown Estate - Karen Jones is appointed as board commissioner from 1st January, and James Darkins reappointed to the board.
- Department for International Trade: UK Export Finance - Carl Williamson appointed as head of trade finance.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Richard Morris has been appointed British High Commissioner to the Republic of Fiji in succession to Ms Melanie Hopkins.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: Theatres Trust - Truda Spruyt appointed as a board member; Treasure Valuation Committee - Marian Campbell reappointed as a trustee; National Gallery - Catherine Goodman, Lord Tony Hall and Stuart Roden appointed as Trustees.
House of Commons
- John Bercow stood down from the role of Speaker.
- John Mann stood down as Labour MP for Bassetlaw to join the House of Lords.
- Antoinette Sandbach joined the Liberal Democrats.
- Alistair Burt, Caroline Nokes, Greg Clark, Nicholas Soames, Ed Vaizey, Margot James, Richard Benyon, Stephen Hammond, Steve Brine and Richard Harrington has the Conservative Whip restored.
- West Sussex County Council: Paul Marshall replaced Louise Goldsmith as leader.
- Newry, Mourne and Down District Council: Liam Hannaway stood down as chief executive.
- By-election Results 31 October: Worcestershire Council - Kyle Daisley elected for Bromsgrove South - Conservative gain from Labour (caused by the resignation of Labour councillor Chris Bloore).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- UK Youth - Ndidi Okezie to replace Anna Smee as chief executive.