Sign up here to recieve Dods People Moves briefing in your email inbox every week
- Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government: Colin Bloom has been appointed as faith engagement adviser.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Forestry Commission – Julia Grant was reappointed as a board member for three years.
- Home Office: Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs – Alex Stevens resigned as a member. Biometrics and Forensics Ethics Group – Mark Watson-Gandy has replaced Christopher Hughes as chair and Nóra Ni Loideain, Richard Guest, Charles Rabb and Julian Huppert have been named as new members.
- Cabinet Office – David Halpern reappointed as the What Works national adviser for three years from November.
House of Commons
- Liberal Democrat Party – Heidi Allen joined. She had been sitting as an Independent and was elected as Conservative.
- Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments – Maria Caulfield replaced Julia Lopez as a member.
- Committee on Assembly Electoral Reform – Huw Irranca-Davies, Delyth Jewell and David J Rowlands appointed as members of the new committee.
- Natural Resources Wales – David Henshaw to become chair on 1 November, having been in the role on an interim basis.
Northern Ireland Government
- Invest Northern Ireland – Kevin Holland appointed as chief executive, replacing Alastair Hamilton and starting on 21 October.
- Mental Health Tribunal for Scotland – Laura Dunlop named as the new president from 12 October.
- St Helen’s Council – Harry Catherall appointed as chief executive on an interim basis.
- By-election Results 9 October: Basingstoke and Deane Council – Chris Tomblin elected for Bramley and Sherfield – Independent gain from Conservative (caused by the resignation of Conservative councillor Venetia Rowland). Watford Council – Bill Stanton elected for Tudor – Liberal Democrat hold (caused by the resignation of Liberal Democrat councillor Joe Fahmy). Corby Council – Alison Dalziel elected for Beanfield – Labour hold (caused by the death of Labour councillor Mary Butcher).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations – Sarah Vibert to become director of policy and volunteering in January.
- Education Endowment Foundation – Becky Francis will replace Kevan Collins as chief executive in 2020.
- Workers' Educational Association – Simon Parkinson appointed as chief executive and general secretary in December, replacing Ruth Spellman.
- Allchurches Trust – Rachel Whittington appointed as trust director.
- Age UK – Vicki Thornton to become chief financial officer.
- Universities and Colleges Employers Association – Raj Jethwa will become chief executive on 17 February.