Latest civil service & public affairs moves — October 26
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Caroline Ansell MP resigned as Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Secretary of State; Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board: Jane King to stand down as chief executive in the next year.
- Home Office: Migration Advisory Committee - Jennifer Smith and Jackline Wahba had their terms as members extended.
- Department for Education: Student Loans Company - Rona Ruthen and Gary Page appointed as Non-Executive Directors for three years.
- Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office: Charles Moore has been appointed British High Commissioner to the Republic of Namibia in succession to Kate Airey; Edward Oakden has been appointed Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Tunisia.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: Ofcom - Simon Redfern to become director of communications in early 2021.
- Scottish Government: NHS Education for Scotland – Karen Reid to become chief executive from 1st February.
- Northern Ireland Government: Local Government Staff Commission for Northern Ireland – Bumper Graham appointed as chair.
- Welsh Parliament: Caroline Jones, Mandy Jones and David Rowlands left the Brexit Party and now sit as Independent Alliance for Reform, with Caroline Jones as the Leader; Mark Reckless left the Brexit Party and now sits as Abolish the Welsh Assembly Party.
- Salford City Council: Tom Stannard to become chief executive in February, replacing Jim Taylor.
- Perth and Kinross Council: Karen Reid to stand down as chief executive.
- Sutton Council: Tom Drummond replaced Tim Crowley as leader.
- Croydon Council: Hamida Ali replaced Tony Newman as leader.
- Woking Borough Council: Ayesha Azad replaced David Bittleston as leader.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trainline – Jody Ford to replace Clare Gilmartin as Chief Executive at the end of February.
- IPSA: Ian Todd became chief executive, replacing Marcial Boo.
- Battersea: Kelly Brown appointed as director of finance and corporate services.