Sign up here to recieve Dods People Moves briefing in your email inbox every week
- Maggie Throup appointed as a Government Whip.
- Rachel Maclean appointed as parliamentary private Secretary to Sajid Javid as chancellor.
- Government Actuary’s Department – Alison White and Ian Wilson began their roles as Non-executive Directors.
House of Commons
- Sam Gyimah joined the Liberal Democrats; he was previously sitting as an Independent MP.
- Scottish Parliament: Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform committee – Finlay Carson elected as deputy convener.
- Scottish Government: Public Health Scotland – Angela Leitch to become chief executive of the new body.
- Maidenhead Council – Simon Dudley resigned as leader and David Coppinger took on the role in an interim basis.
- St Helen’s Council – Mike Palin to stand down as chief executive next week.
- East Lothian Council – Angela Leitch to stand down as chief executive in December.
- By-election Results 19 September: Somerset West and Taunton Council – Derek Perry elected for Vivary – Liberal Democrat gain from Conservative (caused by the resignation of Catherine Herbert). Wiltshire Council – Suzanne Wickham elected for Ethandune – Conservative hold (caused by the death of Jerry Wickham). Canterbury Council – Ben Fitter-Harding elected for Chestfield – Conservative hold (caused by the death of Jenny Samper). Hammersmith and Fulham Council – Helen Rowbottom elected for Fulham Broadway – Labour hold (caused by the resignation of Alan de’Ath who has taken a politically-restricted job). Liverpool Council – William Shortall elected for Old Swan – Labour hold (caused by the resignation of Peter Brennan after he shared a racist video on WhatsApp). North Lanarkshire Council – Norah Mooney elected for Thorniewood – Labour hold (caused by the resignation of Hugh Gaffney MP).
- Chartered Institute of Public Relations – Mandy Pearse chosen as the president-elect for 2020.
- The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award – Ruth Marvel to become chief executive in November.
- Mesothelioma UK – Guy Tewley appointed as corporate fundraising Officer.
- The Cure Parkinson's Trust – Rick Lay appointed as director of fundraising and marketing.
- RBS – Alison Rose to become chief executive, replacing Ross McEwan on 1 November.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com